Omg!

Guest graandjac

Guest graandjac

I'm so sorry guys.....house has just gone up for sale and it's not good. The house is looking fab and we're leaving it! I'm trying to be strong for Gra and kids. Gra and I are going out to Adelaide for a reccie in October (16th) and I really hope it brings up some positives! Feel really bad as Gra has been so positive and I'm beginning to resent him for it - I'm almost blaming him for the move! To be honest guys I can't stop crying and I'm mucking things up for my family - feel hopeless and settled for the first time in years and don't want family to know! My sister has even posted a campaign on facebook to stop us emigrating ??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:arghh: Jac x

Guest susanmary38

i know what you are going through, my wife wants to move , but I am worried about the move, it is a MASSIVE step.

we would be leaving 2 sons behind hoping they follow at some time

Chin up

Its only natural to have some last minute doubts. It is a big step but one that you believe is worth it otherwise you wouldn't be so far down the line to going.

Really hope the reckie works for you and gives you back on a positive attitude towards migrating. Chin up and keep us updated with what you find while out there.

Pete

...know exactly how you feel at the moment, leaving my best friend was a nightmare and there were lots of tears. As everyone will tell you, keep focused on what you are doing this for and make sure you come and see us when you are on your reccie, we can tell you the good and bad bits about living here (not that there are many bad ones at the mo). Also remember that if you decide not to do it that's not a bad thing either.

hi jac,i know exactly how you feel.its like now its reality and kinda scary now the house is up for sale rather than the nice kinda dream of moving to oz.it is hard when it does come to saying goodbyes,we have all done it and gone through it but time does make it easier and the internet and international phone cards makes keeping in touch with freinds,families so much easier.you could have your nice house here with good times aswell,you must just give it time.it is quite common for one of you to be all up for it and the other not so sure,but you really have to both try to compromise and when you have kids especially you really need to try and think whats best for them and there kids etc but you must stick together and not let it tare you appart.

lastly you are doing the right thing coming for a recce(maybe dont if it happens take offer on house untill you return)we came out not having done one and perhaps we was a little blinkered on what our vision of oz was going to be,and believe me it was not exactly what we had imagined,but if you come with an open mind and you find the nice areas where there are certanly lots of them then im sure you will be ok.i was a roof tyler like graham years ago and i come from your part of the world aswell which is beutifull i know so if we can move out im sure you will be fine.theres so much more to do here and without dought the people are so much freindlier and more child freindly.you will love it.ken

Hi Jac,

I know what you are going through. I felt exactly the same when we had got the visa. Before it was all a pipe dream and didn't seem real, then once we got the visa, the panic set in! You are doing the right thing in coming for a reccie first. At least that way you are not putting your eggs in one basket and selling up and emigrating without seeing Adelaide for yourself.

Hopefully when you get here (and had a few beers with Sarah and Keith) you'll be able to see the bigger picture and judge the merits of emigrating for yourself.

Keep strong hun

Judi x

Guest dglamoore

It is so normal to feel like this - after all you are only leaving everything and everyone you know to head off for the unknown :confused: We had lots of ups and downs before heading out and this was my major dream for a lot of years!

You have the reccie to focus on so come and see for yourself what you think and go from there. Your family will miss you and so obviously they will not want you to go. However as time goes by and they get used to chatting on the phone and msn they will realise they can still keep in touch with you all and will start planning their holidays out to see you :jiggy:

Your home is something you have worked hard to make look good - you can do this again here ;) any house can be made into a home. Just remember to stay strong as a family and be honest with your feelings otherwise it will be soooooo much harder on you.

Lisa:cute:

Hi Jac

Know how you feel. We sold the house, told the kid and got a case reference no. all in 1 week. Feels really overwhelming and like you suddenly got on a runaway train that you want to get off:arghh:.It might help to try and put it on hold untill after your reci and decide then. Life will go on and the world will not end whatever decison you make. It would be odd if you didn't have the colly wobbles every now and again after all you are totaly steping out of the box!!! Good luck hope you feel better soon

Guest jen&ian

I can totally sypathise with you. When I turned the calender over onto October this morning I actually felt sick (we fly on the 31st), and it's been me whose always been the positive one about the move! This was made worse by the fact that our best friends and their kids were over at the weekend, apparently the kids had been really worried that it was the last time they were going to see us. We are at the point now where the whole thing has taken on a momentum of it's own and we are just kinda watching it happen, it's very scary. Hopefully the fact that Ian & I are equally into doing the move goes in our favour. I can't imagine feeling that I'm just being dragged along with it all. Hope your reccie helps a bit.

Jen

Guest graandjac

Thanks everyone. Just reading your responses has given me reassurance. After a very up and down week, I am trying to take each step individually and am now focused on the reccie (really hoping it will put me at ease:swoon:) and am actually glad we're going for a peek instead of landing in the unknown! Hopefully we'll get a feel for an area and I can narrow down my research.

Pete - you're so right, Richard & Joanne and Ali - we've still gotta go for it, Ken - time is a healer, Judi - a few beers in any sentence cheers me up instantly! Lisa - yeah I'm in mourning already!! Susanmary38 - chin up to you too and finally :chatterbox:........good luck to you Jen for the 31st and beyond.

Thank you guys, Jac x