• Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Reasons not to get Foxtel

Title
      Liked
      4457 times
      Rep
      Alright,alright,alright boys and girls!!

I think it's clear we all have our own views on Satellite TV.

Can we keep it civil + be careful of slagging off large commercial companies as the site can be sued

My personal opinion is that "Satellite TV" is OK, a lot of the UK stuff can be a year or two old but when you have been here a while it is new to you.

A lot of terrestrial tv is just bilge to me but some posters here like it.
      We are all different.
      sueoc likes this.

Title
      Liked
      243 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by adelaidenow View Post
      As the OP in your opinion it's not value for money, in mine its worth every $. Of course there isn't as good choice as BSKYB, UK has 60million people Aus 22m. Comparing one country to another is not worth it IMO, it just confuses the brain and the mind. And that's not just the case for Foxtel, in all things.

Cricket, Football, tennis, golf etc...if you love watching them (LIVE!!!!) you will be disappointed with FTA

In my house Foxtel is worth every $!!!! All the sport...and the great programmes on UKTV..

Currently watching Jonathan Ross Show which is only a few weeks behind...

Only follow a couple of things on 'free' TV...

Majority of viewing is on Foxtel...wouldnt be without it...;)but we are a family of 6 who have different viewing choices...so suits us all
      Arrived November 2005........live in Happy Valley

Title
      Liked
      243 times
      Rep
      My personal opinion is that "Satellite TV" is OK, a lot of the UK stuff can be a year or two old but when you have been here a while it is new to you.
      Tyke, this is so true....I dont really care if i am watching something that is a couple of years old...having been here for 5 years...its all new to me!
      Guest75 likes this.
      Arrived November 2005........live in Happy Valley

Title
      Retired Member
      Liked
      1362 times
      Rep
      Unbelievable........................you come to the other side of the world and do the same poo what you did in the UK.

Stevo

Title
      Liked
      677 times
      Rep
      We have Foxtel with all the trimmings,$145 pm for 2 tvs.Personally i can take it or leave it,spend most of the time when watching it viewing such as Eggheads,Antiques Roadshow and the Car rebuild programmes.Never thought beforehand that it would be like this!It is over rated IMO,but my wife enjoys having Foxtel,so we are all different,even in the same house.Live and let live.:)

Title
      Liked
      266 times
      Rep
      While I dont like the way Foxtel as a company deals with their customers I must say in the UK we had Skyplus full package all singing and dacning with bells on but still spent all night flicking through the channels trying to find something to watch!!
      Guest75 likes this.
      Got 175 visa 18th April 08
      landed on planet Adelaide 26th Oct 08 LOVE IT!!

Title
      Liked
      198 times
      Rep
      well i think foxtel is poo so sue me lol, got rid of it as soon as i could because a) waste of money and b) alex would stand in front of it google eyed at the childrens channel if id let him and c) i hardly ever watch telly much now i have better things to do especially when the weathers warm (bloody freezing at the moment though ) can understand the blokes wanting it for the football though.
      clare 39 clinical nurse educator, Rn/mhn, Alex 7

Title
      Liked
      4457 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by ozzieclare2be View Post
      well i think foxtel is poo so sue me lol, got rid of it as soon as i could because a) waste of money and b) alex would stand in front of it google eyed at the childrens channel if id let him and c) i hardly ever watch telly much now i have better things to do especially when the weathers warm (bloody freezing at the moment though ) can understand the blokes wanting it for the football though.
      You're not a Sue - you are a Clare :p:p:p

Title
      Liked
      198 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Tyke View Post
      You're not a Sue - you are a Clare :p:p:p
      :p
      anyone experienced tivo or is that the same?
      clare 39 clinical nurse educator, Rn/mhn, Alex 7

Title
      Liked
      4223 times
      Rep
      Well I for one wouldn't be without my Foxtel - love the sport, and enjoy UKTV (worth it for Later With Jools Holland alone).... Don't have the movies as DVDs are so cheap to rent, but I can also get my double fix of Bear Grylls (SBS on FTA and Lifestyle on Foxtel)... and did I mention the sport??!!!! Would be nice if they could show a bit more proper football though, and less of that kick and catch stuff!

The terrestrial channels here show such tripe (ABC and sometimes SBS excepted), that even if Foxtel were only half as good, it would be worth it to have the extra choice IMHO...

On a slightly different (but vaguely related) point, how sick is it that the teenager on Two and a Half Men earns $250,000 a week???????
      Sometimes the grass will appear greener on the other side because it has been fertilised by bull****

•  
    Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast