Uk election

Diane

So what do we all think about the new political picture in the UK then? More to the point, will it make any difference to the GBP/AUD exchange rate?

What's the atmosphere like in the UK? Are people feeling optimistic about the future now? I'd be interested to hear...

Guest JoTanCalOwen
So what do we all think about the new political picture in the UK then? More to the point, will it make any difference to the GBP/AUD exchange rate?

What's the atmosphere like in the UK? Are people feeling optimistic about the future now? I'd be interested to hear...

I am not very politically minded, and I do not confess to understand everything, but I was giving Labour (Gordon Brown) and/or the Lib Dem the benefit of the doubt of actually trying to do whats best and pull the UK back up, but alas thats not to be, Where I am the 'atmosphere' with regards to to the election now is very subdued, a few little comments but nothing major it seems as if it is 'a hold your breath and wait and see situation'.

Have to admit I am glad that idiot Gordon Brown has finally gone - came across as so arrogant with no regards for the people that might vote for his party! It does kind of seem strange though that the Lib Dems have come out of it so well - makes for an interesting year ahead, seeing how the two parties manage to get along! Quite reassuring to know that the UK is no better at running an election than the South Aussies are anyway!! I think having seen the map of the UK showing how the various regions voted, Gordon Brown should be sent back to Scotland and they can keep him!! Give Scotland their independence from the UK too, or make the laws the same across the whole country, rather than it being one rule for them and a different one for everone else!

Although I enjoy having a strong aussie dollar in terms of buying books etc from abroad, I hope the rate comes down a little for our visitors - feel a little bad anyway that they have to shell out to visit us, and it would sweeten the pill a little if the exchange rate wasn't quite so bad for them!

I have always wanted to have political parties to agree as well as disagree - maybe that will happen now, but I doubt it. Unfortunately, all the parties seem pretty much the same and prefer spin to ideology.

I suspect that public sector will be shuddering with the intended cuts.

Cooler