Title
      Liked
      4457 times
      Rep

Pub / restaurant Recommendation.

Just a quick heads up for anyone here or moving here.

We had a lovely meal with friends at the Victory Hotel above Sellicks Beach on the main road.

It doesn't look too flash but the food is lovely.
      The front bar is a real eye opener too,it's like going back to the 50's.It is a busy front bar with quite a few local characters in.

I'd advise booking on weekend and special days.

Great views over the beaches north and McLaren Vale,our friends loved it. :D

Have a gander at.........

http://www.victoryhotel.com.au/
      Last edited by Guest75; 01-10-2007 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Forgot website.

Richard & Amanda
      Hiya Tyke,

Just wanted to pick ya brain!

We went to the NEC exhibition over the weekend and there was a bloke selling investment properties in the Sellick Beach area. They "seemed" really cheap.
      What concerns me was obviously we aren't looking to invest but to buy a family home when we get there, he said its a brand new development near to a mansion that has been built by a very wealthy man (apparently!). Have I been led a merry dance?
      Is it mainly new build investment potential or family home area?
      Oh and travelling distance from Adelaide Airport - he reckoned 40mins. Hubby has secured a job at the airport - is it a realistic distance do you know?

I wonder if you can advise at all - glad you had a nice meal lol

Thanks Amanda

Title
      Liked
      4457 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Richard & Amanda View Post
      Hiya Tyke,

Just wanted to pick ya brain!

We went to the NEC exhibition over the weekend and there was a bloke selling investment properties in the Sellick Beach area. They "seemed" really cheap.
      What concerns me was obviously we aren't looking to invest but to buy a family home when we get there, he said its a brand new development near to a mansion that has been built by a very wealthy man (apparently!). Have I been led a merry dance?
      Is it mainly new build investment potential or family home area?
      Oh and travelling distance from Adelaide Airport - he reckoned 40mins. Hubby has secured a job at the airport - is it a realistic distance do you know?

I wonder if you can advise at all - glad you had a nice meal lol

Thanks Amanda
      Hiya

Funny that I've just been through this area the other day.

I know the area the bloke has mentioned,it is just below that hotel.
      I dunno why he mentioned the "Mansion" as it actually stands out a lot and does nothing for the area ( am I allowed to say "Tacky")

I would certainly say it is 50 - 60 mins drive to the airport .

It is an expanding area with lots of new builds,some are very nice,we took some friends around the area on Thursday.

It is a little far away from most things though.

Mainly family homes built there but always lots for sale as well.

I think you need to look at the area yourself,have a look on Google earth.

Any help - no prob :D

Cheers

sarahsmartiepants
      no way would it be 40 mins from the airport, I live 20-25 mins from the airport, then sellicks is about 30-40 mins further south, obviously depending on traffic.
      sarah

Richard & Amanda
      Thanks Guys,

The old sales patter!

I certainly wouldn't have bought without looking myself - I just wanted to see if what he was saying was vaguely true!

We did have a little look on Google Earth but it's hard to get a perspective really.

We hadn't even looked that far down, we were focussing on Aberfoyle park or Happy valley really.

Just seemed a little too good to be true especially the prices!!!

sarahsmartiepants
      Ab Pk would be on a guess about 30-35 mins from the airport, Happy Valley a about 5 or so more. Ab Pk is a very big suburb so it would depend where in Ab Pk you are. The roads are not as busy here but there is still definatly a rush hour thing here too.
      sarah

Title
      Liked
      167 times
      Rep
      Hi Richard have a look at this , it was a spot that we were going to look at on our reccie . It is some way from the city and other needs but i guess its whatever is important to the individual but this development is as close to the beach as you could get and the plots go from 400-over a 1000 sqmhttp://www.oceanviewestatesa.com.au/...aren-vale.aspx......Cheers Graham

Richard & Amanda
      Thanks for the link Graham,

I think it is the same he was trying to flog at the NEC.
      He had two " investment" locations on the go.

I think its probably a little too far out for what we want.

I will need to rethink!
      Back to the drawing board....

Guzzler&Sas
      Thanks for that Tyke, always looking for a new eating and watering hole ... and never know when you might be in an area and not know where to turn!
      Regs
      Sas

•  
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums