• Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Sour grapes?

Title
      Liked
      4223 times
      Rep
      HEAPS GOOD !!! likes this.
      Sometimes the grass will appear greener on the other side because it has been fertilised by bull****

Title
      Liked
      830 times
      Rep
      It's nothing new.

I was working in Scotland during the 1986 World Cup (with the infamous Maradona 'hand of god' incident). We English got a lot of stick!! I suppose I was a bit naive at the time and was totally surprised at the anti-English feeling. Some of the banter was good natured but it wasn't a particularly pleasant experience.

I think I remember that cheerful soul Andy Murray making a similar statement last time.
      Last edited by Anne B; 07-06-2010 at 11:21 AM.
      Backpacked round Australia 1992. Married Australian husband in Adelaide 1994. Lived in Adelaide 1994-1997. Moved back to UK & lived in Essex/Herts 1997-2009. Returned to Adelaide November 2009. 2 kids dual nationality.

Title
      Liked
      4223 times
      Rep
      Actually I used to have a really good friend who was Scottish (hello Ali if I ever manage to trace you!) and used to tease her all the time on holiday that she'd prefer to have "Ecosse" on her car than a GB sticker! Which made us English even worse than the French!!!!!
      Sometimes the grass will appear greener on the other side because it has been fertilised by bull****

Title
      Liked
      830 times
      Rep
      The Scots have throughout history sided with the French to get at the English. Moi, I always found the Ecosse thing a tad pretentious.
      Backpacked round Australia 1992. Married Australian husband in Adelaide 1994. Lived in Adelaide 1994-1997. Moved back to UK & lived in Essex/Herts 1997-2009. Returned to Adelaide November 2009. 2 kids dual nationality.

caoimhe
      Well as an Irish Woman you can guess who I'll side with
      katsmajic likes this.

Title
      Liked
      466 times
      Rep
      I think its built in to us not to side with the english as they have been so many injustices to the Scottish race at the hands of the english and the poll seems to prove that.
      IT'S A SECRET HAIR STUDIO 685 BRIGHTON ROAD SEACLIFF
      SERVICES INCUDE SPRAYTANNING, DETOX BOX, WAXING,

Title
      Liked
      1423 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by ian mc View Post
      I think its built in to us not to side with the english as they have been so many injustices to the Scottish race at the hands of the english and the poll seems to prove that.

Well i will be baracking for Germany ( birth ) and Australia ( now home ) first game is a tough one tho.....Germany v Australia....

HG

Title
      Liked
      133 times
      Rep
      England should go independent from Scotland, Wales & NI & require visas for all visitors from said countries and Ireland, plus a working/residence visa system like Australia. Lets see how quickly they come crawling back when they realise they can't make it on their own.
      Great Britain may no longer be great, but the United Kingdom is certainly not united. I know people of asian background who are more proud to be British than the Scots, Welsh & N Irish and will support England when their country doesn't make it through to the finals. It's a disgrace.

caoimhe
      Quote Originally Posted by Pesty650 View Post
      England should go independent from Scotland, Wales & NI & require visas for all visitors from said countries and Ireland, plus a working/residence visa system like Australia. Lets see how quickly they come crawling back when they realise they can't make it on their own.
      Great Britain may no longer be great, but the United Kingdom is certainly not united. I know people of asian background who are more proud to be British than the Scots, Welsh & N Irish and will support England when their country doesn't make it through to the finals. It's a disgrace.
      Totally agree with you....NI should be independent from England. Why do think there was fighting there for years. We wanted our country back just like Scotland wanted theirs.
      ian mc likes this.

Title
      Liked
      4223 times
      Rep
      OMG Pesty, I think I'd better go have a lie down! I agree with you!!!
      Heaven knows what the world is coming to!

Personally I'll be flying an English flag and an Aussie one! England vs Aussie though it'll be England all the way.

Can't wait, hope at least one of those two teams stay in the tournament a while though!!
      HEAPS GOOD !!! likes this.

•  
    Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums