Telephone cabling

HEAPS GOOD !!!

when we built our house 10 /11 years ago the builder gave us orange stickers and put them where you wanted points and then you contacted telstra and they sent someone out to pull the wires in.Might be different now. that was just as the frame was up before the brickies

Guest guest3462

We built with Jennings and they arranged the trenching and wire installation, then when we moved in we just called telstra to connect. I think it cost us about $1500

Guest guest3462

oh if you've already paid for the trenching through your builder then it should be $200 for connection which appears on your first bill. Same goes for the internet or foxtel, I remember thinking that it was a bloody cheek that they charged us 3 times as the same bloke did all the lot in an hour~!!! Telstra for ya!!!

oh if you've already paid for the trenching through your builder then it should be $200 for connection which appears on your first bill. Same goes for the internet or foxtel, I remember thinking that it was a bloody cheek that they charged us 3 times as the same bloke did all the lot in an hour~!!! Telstra for ya!!!

Our builder have said as a gesture of good will they will let them run the phone wire through the conduit, and just attach phone wire to string hey presto...pmsl

HG

Our builder have said as a gesture of good will they will let them run the phone wire through the conduit, and just attach phone wire to string hey presto...pmsl

HG

Typical hickies. !

I assume Star electrical do the wiring down your way. Ring them and they say that included in what work they do is install the cable to one point in a location you want. In other words you have paid for it but Hickies try to get more money from it!

Its included anyway so not much of a good will gesture.

Typical hickies. !

I assume Star electrical do the wiring down your way. Ring them and they say that included in what work they do is install the cable to one point in a location you want. In other words you have paid for it but Hickies try to get more money from it!

Its included anyway so not much of a good will gesture.

yeah we had guys dig trenches and turned out it was just conduit and i was worried that they were putting phone in as we havent arranged that-and didnt want to be stung for another extra cost. we had a letter from hickies stating that b4 gyprocking was done now was the time to get someone inand the quote for who they use was around $450+ (offthe top of my head) but have been advised that telstra still need to connect it and form others who i know that have built that cost $2/300 ontop so we aint got a phone line for now.

sorry no help on people to use at the minute.

yeah we had guys dig trenches and turned out it was just conduit and i was worried that they were putting phone in as we havent arranged that-and didnt want to be stung for another extra cost. we had a letter from hickies stating that b4 gyprocking was done now was the time to get someone inand the quote for who they use was around $450+ (offthe top of my head) but have been advised that telstra still need to connect it and form others who i know that have built that cost $2/300 ontop so we aint got a phone line for now.

sorry no help on people to use at the minute.

Thanks for that everybody....

HG

We are now in our 3rd new rental, and each time we have had to arrange for the phone connection to be made.

We have found that the builder has always put in a piece of pipe and the piece of string to connect, but in our first 2 places, we had to get somebody through Telstra to connect the line and put up a connector box on the outside wall, before Telstra then came and did the connection.

In our present place, Telstra sent some chaps along to connect, and they ran the cable in, put up the box, and then ran the cable to a point inside where we wanted it.

In each case the Landlord has paid for the outside connection, and we have had to pay for the inside.

One thing we have found with all 3 places, Testra are a nightmare to deal with, and getting the phone connected seems to take a long time to get organised, so give yourselves plenty of time, if you have it available.