Swing low sweet chariot

Guest Django

Guest Django

Well what a fabby time for England to play a decent game of rubgy.:D

I soooooooooooooo wish I was out there to wind the aussies up.

New Zealand in the semi then.:skeptical: Unless France can do the do later.:D

Pete

Guest deb and stoo

Hi M8

Yes the commentators were gobsmacked to say the least.......even wearing black suits at the end....:err:

England really played well and took the game to them, funny but Keith/Guzzler said England would do it this afternoon and he's Welsh.....bless him......wish I's put a bet on now, think the odds might have been good over here:)

Guest guest569

It was a GREAT game and although the commentators said after England were the better side i personaly felt it could of gone either way at any time. We held on though and i'm sure i would have got loads of stick at work on monday if they got their revenge as they wanted soooo badly.:biglaugh:

I'm not going to gloat too much but have a nice white rugby shirt i'll be wearing for the first hour of monday morning.:jiggy:

Bring on the french next weekend in wales.:P

Guest Guzzler&Sas

phew, i just feel exhausted after that ...... rugby shirt was donned, we had an Ozzie here watching it with us, who kept saying, we don't really understand this game, it's all AFL here anyway (she took it all in good humour!). But like Pass Pom, it could have gone anyway (only one team deserved to win though) - I just kept on thinking, the Aussies are going to pinch it! but thank god, we did it. Personnally speaking, England have probably played their best game and I can't see them getting much further (not being too negative or anything) but we have a week to wind the Aussies up!

Can't see there being much about on the news here though! World Cup, wot World cup! hahaha!!!

Guest Django

England derserved the win. The Aussies were constantly callapsing the scrum so they couldn't be pushed back. They did it once and the blind ref gave the Wallabies the penalty that gave them their first 3 points. What was that all about?:confused:

What with the French doing the do against the All Blacks we can now make the final with a similar performance. Just need Fiji to stuff The Springbok then its happy days. Or is that too much to ask? :skeptical:

Pete

Sorry I'm a bit behind with posts...

When we went out on Sunday we flew our small St George cross on the car (as we've done throughout the Rugby, we also flew it during the footy world cup) but I have to admit we did remove it for the first time (put it on the back seat) when we parked in the Tea-Tree shopping mall on Sunday for fear of it being pinched.

Guest Leanne & Mark

D'ya reckon they were lullin the others into a false sense of security with that appaling first game???

Personally i think we can do it again, if johnny was kicking on form, we wud have complete knocked the ozzies for six, so don't write em of yet guys!!!!!!!!!!

But then what do i know!!!!!!!!!! hee hee

Bring on the springbok or the pumas.:jiggy:

Can't wait for next weekend now. Revenge on the Springbok for the thumping earlier in the tournament or the Pumas can go home runners up.:D

Pete

Well we may all want to get away from these shores but boy them England Rugby Players done us proud in Paris!:jiggy::notworthy:

Be nice to be moving to Oz next year once again as Rugby World Cup Holders:p.

Fingers crossed for next weeks final

COME ON BOYS YOU CAN DO IT!!

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Well done England a good hard game of rugby, I thought that the French would be invincible tonight, but they were not allowed play, looks like another early morning next week,

Guzzler

Bit nervous about facing the Boks again I must admit, but hey, last time Jonny wasn't on the field, and although his accuracy is a bit suspect this time around, he seems to lift the whole team when he's on the field.

Hope Gomarsall wasn't hurt too bad by that aggressive linesman!!!

So glad I got up early to watch it now! :jiggy:Made me laugh on Channel 9 when the Australian team were sayin, well, who do we support now, the English or the South Africans - one of them said "the English" and another said "no, sorry, i just can't bring myself to do it!"

Fingeres, legs and everything crossed for next week's game!! (Oh, and go the football team against the Russkies Wednesday too!!)

Diane

You can always rely on the French to give crucial penalties away when its tight!...My 8-1 bet on England before the french game looks a bit better now.Dont think the SAs will be so generous, we'll just have to spoil.............and score!!!

Well I've waited to comment on the final as last night I was fuming regarding a few of the refs decissions. Now in the cold light of day I still think we were robbed. Offsides, obstructions and not to mention a perfectly good try turned down. Yes we gave away some silly penalties but hard to win against 16 men.

Not to take anything away from the South Africans. :notworthy:They deserved the trophy when you look at the tournament as a whole though they did have an easy route to the final and last night was probably the first real match they had. That said you can only beat whats put in front of you. Like we did to the french and aussies. ;):jiggy:

If we don't win the six nations next time round I will won't to know why. Especially it will be my last one. :D

Well I've waited to comment on the final as last night I was fuming regarding a few of the refs decissions. Now in the cold light of day I still think we were robbed. Offsides, obstructions and not to mention a perfectly good try turned down. Yes we gave away some silly penalties but hard to win against 16 men.

Not to take anything away from the South Africans. :notworthy:They deserved the trophy when you look at the tournament as a whole though they did have an easy route to the final and last night was probably the first real match they had. That said you can only beat whats put in front of you. Like we did to the french and aussies. ;):jiggy:

If we don't win the six nations next time round I will won't to know why. Especially it will be my last one. :D

BUT WHERE HAS THE RUNNING GAME GONE, ITS ALL, "WE CAN SCORE FROM HERE" TO BE SAFE KICK IT, NO MORE RUNNING GAME. BUT I SUPPOSE ITS PLAY TO YOUR STRENGTHS.

Guest guest569
BUT WHERE HAS THE RUNNING GAME GONE, ITS ALL, "WE CAN SCORE FROM HERE" TO BE SAFE KICK IT, NO MORE RUNNING GAME. BUT I SUPPOSE ITS PLAY TO YOUR STRENGTHS.

I would normally agree as England do normally play a boring kicking game but yesterday they suprised me and i think they got their heads down and got stuck in to a good hard game going for the line when they could. ( just not often enough )

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Not to take anything away from the South Africans. :notworthy:They deserved the trophy when you look at the tournament as a whole though they did have an easy route to the final and last night was probably the first real match they had. That said you can only beat whats put in front of you. Like we did to the french and aussies.

If we don't win the six nations next time round I will won't to know why. Especially it will be my last one.

Cant see how the try wasnt given,and yes , they had the rub of the green:shocked:, and as for that "crossing" penalty:mad:....they had one really blatant in front of the ref............On the whole I think the stronger all round team won.....but if the try was given it might have been a different story!

Sarahs better half!;)