First speeding ticket but I still love it here.

Guest needtogonow

Guest needtogonow

Been here 11 weeks today and so far we are loving it.:)

Husband has found work quickly, we found a lovely short term rental and both children have settled into their schools pretty quicky. The people are so friendly and we are loving our weekend day trips exploring Adelaide. We knew from day 1 we had made the right choice. We do miss family and friends but Skype helps as does family support and well wishes.

Had my first speeding ticket today. :arghh: After a few choice words I sat back and thought "well I deserve it" and it will make me think twice. Will pay up and accept it!

Still love it here though and bring on the summer!

Bex

Guest cornish Busdriver

LOL LOL ive had 2 ( 1 in the bus and 1 in my car) and missus got a ticket for going though a red light by mistake.

Driving fines are a part of life here but the coppers are always nice when they give them to you.

Guest cornish Busdriver

See the things us bus drivers do to keep the busses on time and get passenger to where there going on time lol lol lol lol.

Guest cornish Busdriver

We dont pay all of it.

Its normally round $540 but the company pays $320 and the drivers pay $220 and get 1 point on our licence.

Plus then we get the normal called into the managers office, told not to do it again and if we do dont get caught lol lol lol

Guest needtogonow

Looks like I was caught by an umarked car parked by the side of the road.

We saw the light go off at the time.

Hefty fine though for just being over the speed limit!

Guest cornish Busdriver

Watch out for the um-marked cop bikes (i want one)

All black BMW's R1200 i think.

Saw one the other day and looks total bad ass, the copper wears black leather black helmet with police in dark blue letters on the back of it and blue and white check on the chin gard.

You cant see the lights or sirens untill your right next to it.

Be warned ive seen him pull quiet a few people over now for speeding and using the phone whilst driving.

Guest kangomik

that black bike is awesome, the head lights give it away, too big.

Theres a nice commodore doing the rounds oop north, charcoal grey, V8 nice wheels. The rear flashers are at the same height as the head rests, Catches P Platers for fun typical give away 3 arials on the top, but stubby's

Guest needtogonow
So you was caught speeding in the WYF then Bex ???? I was done 60 in a 50 but was driving a customers car within 3 weeks of being here :P

Yep Mick, was done in the WYF! 78 in 70 zone, Chandlers Hill :arghh:

At first I thought it was Mike who was driving then realised it was me as I was ferrying Mike home after a few drinks after a Saturday pm do! oooooopppps!

BTW, can they still take points of your license if I still had a British license at the time I was caught?

I believe they can still take points off your UK licence, if you dont have an Aus one. However i was once pulled over by a cop when i was on my ZX10r, went to take out Oz licence, which happened to be behind my UK one in wallett. Had to remove UK one first to get to it, cop seen it, and said too much paperwork, dont do it again. I never got a chance to explain i had Oz licence, or show it too him.