A 380 planes

Guest Guest5035

I made bits for it and we have been on it...AMAZING....lots of room everywhere mate....spiral staircase at the back on the SIA A380.

Each seat has 15" screen for videos, films music over 200 items of entertainment...check out this website stevo

Airline Seating Charts - Best Airplane Seats - SeatGuru

It is huge mate......lotysa room..we flew from Heathrow to Singapore with 4 kids and they never ever said they were botred....brilliant and it only cost £15 per person than going on a Jumbo....

I Personally would not fly anything else

HG

Guest Guest5035

going with singapore and seen the layouts, but they don't tell you whats bad do they, word of mouth,. actually hoping for a upgrade as only me and the OH are going.... wish me luck:nah:, or to sit upstairs as the economy is 2 seats at the window.. My brother travelled back a few months ago (not on the 380 ) and ended up in business class all the way.

Stevo

Guest Guest5035
:realmad::realmad: :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Safest plane in the sky mate....

You be fine until you come to land....

HG

what............................................................................... nose first.......................

stevo

We flew SIA economy upstairs (at the back of the plane). Having never made it upstairs on a 747 we had to give it a go. Usually when you sit at the back of a plane you get a lot of engine noise but upstairs you seem to miss it as the engines are way below.

Very quiet, really smooth take-off and afterwards on the climb up to full altitude, no up and down lurches - it was quite astonishing really. Really smooth landing, I was very impressed. Maybe we were lucky with the weather (ie. no cross winds), but I have flown quite a bit and it was easily the best by far.

Guest RazandKaz

Hi Stevo

We flew Qantas on the A380 from Heathrow to Singapore when we came out for our reccie in March. It was superb. Loads of space - fab entertainment (far better than we had with BA on the way home). The 2 kids age 3 & 5 loved the touch screen TVs - they could work them easily and were not bored at all during the flight.

The only downside to our flight was that we were due to fly @ 10pm, hoping for the kids to sleep. But there was a problem with the plane, so we had to stay overnight in London and fly @ 10am. This worried me as the kids would be awake for the whole flight - but with so much for them to do - not a problem.

Good food too!! (Kids meals & adult)

Can't wait to book it again when we come out for good!!!

Karen

Has anyone travelled on the A 380 yet, if so, wheres good and not so good to sit for a long time?

Stevo

It's a fantastic plane - wouldn't go by any other now. The first time we travelled on one I honestly thought we had been upgraded.

Compared to package holidays you have loads more leg room, bigger TV (leads plug in the front not on the arm rest so easy access) SIA service is the best we've had - free drinks, snacks, choccies, fruit when ever you feel peckish - and you can try a Singapore Sling to help you sleep! Room at the back near the spiral staircase for some exercises to keep the circulation going if you are that way inclined

Had 4 journey's now on it and haven't found a bad seat yet. We're upstairs on our next trip. Smooth take off and landings, fresh air system (first time I haven't had a cold or sore throat after flying) and much quieter than a jumbo. Sleeping's always a problem for me but they give you blankets, pillows and masks if you need them. Don't care if it costs a bit more - I love Singapore Airlines (and their stopovers are fantastic value too)

We flew Qantas from LHR to Sydney, on A380, and would not fault it.

We paid for premium economy, and had our seats in the very first row. me and the kids sat in the center aisle and hubbie sat beside us in the window seat. I could stretch my legs fully and my feet did not touch the bulk head in front. The service was impeccable, the food and drinks just kept on coming. The kids did not moan once. Everyone commented on how great our kids were. It's a long flight but really I did not feel it at all. When I finally feel asleep, the stewards took care of the children. The entertainment was so good that we did not get a chance to watch everything.

We were first on and first off the plane, really I wouldn't want to fly with anything else.

Prema

Guest Guest5035
Room at the back near the spiral staircase for some exercises to keep the circulation going if you are that way inclined)

not a :Randy-git::Randy-git::Randy-git: room!!:biglaugh:

stevo

Guest tinkham_lee
I made bits for it and we have been on it...AMAZING....lots of room everywhere mate....spiral staircase at the back on the SIA A380.

HG

I also made parts for it. I worked for Rolls-Royce before coming over here and we made the engines for it.

Unfortunately I haven't yet been on one.