Adam max

ladycasper

We're using Adam Max in Sheidow Park as there were no free ports available for wired when we wanted it. We paid the costs ourselves.

Works great, no complaints. Better speed than we had in the UK. Skype works no problem.

Not sure about the availability of the government subsidy in Aldinga, but details on Adam website Adam Internet

Also Australian Broadband Guarantee | Department of Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy

Adam Internet

Cooler

The adam thing sounds good, but only if you DO get the government grant for the $700 installation.

Bigpond dont want to hlep and dont want to supply a proper broadband service service for the broadband fee they command !

Wish someone would sort it out and supply us all with proper broadband ! fed up now ! want to use Skype with the folks back in UK.

:arghh:

We have been using a 3 Mobile dongle in our lap top.

Its never been a problem Skyping back to the UK.

Could be a quick fix till you get things sorted.

Rob and Mel

Hi Rob & mel, we are using a Bigpond dongle and the speed is up and down and similar to dial up. So Skype pixelates and breaks up, it is usless and that is all that is available in this area in Aldinga beach.

The answer is to move house it think ! rediculous in this day....

Guest Jen & Did

Hi we're in Aldinga Beach and have had Adam Max for the last two months and would recommend it as the speed is a lot better than the dongle. With Skype I can use the webcam and speak to my family without the internet crashing as it did regular with the dongle. Our daughter can use her laptop and our son can now play his PS3 games with his friends back in the UK. You can keep an eye on your usuage as the account is updated very regular.

Hope this helps

Jen

Hi we're in Aldinga Beach and have had Adam Max for the last two months and would recommend it as the speed is a lot better than the dongle. With Skype I can use the webcam and speak to my family without the internet crashing as it did regular with the dongle. Our daughter can use her laptop and our son can now play his PS3 games with his friends back in the UK. You can keep an eye on your usuage as the account is updated very regular.

Hope this helps

Jen

thats great jen thanks !! did you get the government grant for the $ 750 installation fee ??, it seems the applications are closed down now until July, so I will apply asap as Bigpond are rubbish !

\Lynne

Guest Jen & Did
thats great jen thanks !! did you get the government grant for the $ 750 installation fee ??, it seems the applications are closed down now until July, so I will apply asap as Bigpond are rubbish !

\Lynne

Hi Lynne

No we didn't apply for the grant we just paid $200 for 2yr contract and then 69.95per month. We didn't think we could get the grant as Telstra landline broadband can be got here and the grant is for rural or places that have no other means of broadband.

Jen

Hi Lynne

No we didn't apply for the grant we just paid $200 for 2yr contract and then 69.95per month. We didn't think we could get the grant as Telstra landline broadband can be got here and the grant is for rural or places that have no other means of broadband.

Jen

Apparently you can get the grant if no one can supply proper broad band.

I spoke with Adam and they said that we shouldnt have a problem not getting it it our area as telstra cannot supply a port at the exchange for broad band. I am doind speed tests and screen shots of the appalling wireless broadband we have with telstra and then as soon as applications are open again for adam in july we wil be applying formthe grant for free installtion and joining adam with no contract.

Bigpond I beleiv want $ 200 to get out of the contract and, but i will be fighting that as the speeds they are supplying on wirless braodband are similar to dial up and they are not prepared to do anything about it.

Lynne

:mad:

Hi Lynne

Jen

Arr right you must be able to get a Telstra landline in your area of Aldinag then.

We did the search on Teltra web site adn it said we could get it but then upon calling them the said there was no ports available at the exchnage, no waiting list for one and seemingly impossible to get one !

We are really struggling getting a proper broadband service.

We could apply FOC for application to internode, but as telstra wont supply a port at the exhange for an adsl line its usless.

Soo frustrated, we have put up with this 3rd rate wireless service from telstra for nearly a year and its got worse, fequest dial speeds !!

Lynne

Guest pauljoinoz

I spoke to Adam Max today & they said we were able to get the grant, there are 3 houses near us that all use it in Aldinga. Our dongle is getting worse & it drives me mad trying to phone the UK always several broken calls!!!

Fingers crossed eh!!!!

I spoke to Adam Max today & they said we were able to get the grant, there are 3 houses near us that all use it in Aldinga. Our dongle is getting worse & it drives me mad trying to phone the UK always several broken calls!!!

Fingers crossed eh!!!!

Im so glad we are not alone !!

We want to use skype and it is usless, I braks up and pixelates...

I have just bee speaking to Bigpond about their crap service and I will be damded if I am paying to break the contract on s//t service !! they arnt even prepared to do anything about it !!

Guest pauljoinoz
Good Luck, I beleive grant applications are open again today

Yay will make such a difference!

We even had a letter from Telstra say ' ADSL now available in Aldinga beach' but when I called & spent 45 mins on the phone all I got was 'computer says NO!!!!!!!'

Hopefully Adam are the way into 21 century!

• 5 months later...
Yay will make such a difference!

We even had a letter from Telstra say ' ADSL now available in Aldinga beach' but when I called & spent 45 mins on the phone all I got was 'computer says NO!!!!!!!'

Hopefully Adam are the way into 21 century!

Well after getting rid of the totally useless bigpond dongel and argued with them til I was blue in the face, eventually got credits from them and $ 100 comp!

Was happy as a pig in s..t with adam max as for the first 6 weeks ish it was fantastic ! could use skype anytime etc...and a proper internet service.

Then I told all the neighbours and gradually it has got worse and worse and now constantly dropping out and with speeds less than dial up fequently, especially at what you would consider peak usage times such as weekends and evenings.. YES just when I want to use it.

We keep complaining and they keep saying they know there is a problem but they arnt doing anything it is just getting worse...!!

Is anyone else in the area experiencing the same ????

Lynne

:arghh::arghh::arghh: