North and south divide

Guest me123

LOL the words "worm" and "can of" come to mind...

Most of the true locals you speak to have more of a EastWest thing going on....

Just what I was thinking. I think those Aussies who've been here all their lives (most of them anyway) could care less.

Guest me123
LOL the words "worm" and "can of" come to mind...

Most of the true locals you speak to have more of a EastWest thing going on....

why cant it just be a view neither right or wrong.. i have friends both sides of the border...who am i kiddin....it's friday ...lol :huh:

Guest WhatNow?

Don't Largs Bay, Semaphore, Henley, Grange, Glenelg and West Beach count as beaches then? I'll swear I walked along one of those this morning?? And not a 4x4 in sight on the sand!!

Guest The Dimmocks

We live 'down south', lived 'up north' for 4 weeks when we got here in OAA. We personally prefered the south, to us it seems more wide spread than what 'we' saw up north. We dont live near the beach down here either. The man who picked us up from Meet and Greet was from the south and he said he loved it there and would never live up north. In the UK we lived in the Midlands so were neither north or south.

My views

there are some lovely places inthe north and some lovely places in the south.

there are some **** places in the north and some **** in the south

the lovely places in the north are as lovely as the lovely places in the south

the **** places in the north are as **** as the **** places in the south

hope that clears it up for ya!

there are some lovely places inthe north and some lovely places in the south.

there are some **** places in the north and some **** in the south

the lovely places in the north are as lovely as the lovely places in the south

the **** places in the north are as **** as the **** places in the south

hope that clears it up for ya!

Summed it up brilliantly! :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest caoimhe

We are in the North because I have Uncle/Aunt and Cousins here. When in Ireland I loved the look of the houses and area of Aldinga but when it came to it we decided to stay near the family. When I visit friends in the South I think it looks beautiful but I know we are lucky to have some family here so thats more important....or the fact that my cousins are of babysitting age is:jiggy:

Guest cornish Busdriver

Does it realy matter where you live as long as you are happy.

We live south just because we prefer it and suits us a lot better with the dog beaches and fishing plus proxcimity to work.

Summed it up brilliantly! :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Couldn't put it better myself

Mind you, I'm a UK 'Southerner' and plan to settle south of the city near my family! If they'd bought a house in the Northern suburbs (or east or west) I supposed I'd do the same - luck of the draw really.

If you love where you live and it gives you what you and your family wants outta life then thats it....its all down to personal choice...and thankfully we all have that right.

We chose the South as its gives us what we as a family want from moving down under....but in saying that had we settled int he North we would have probably stayed there, that can be said if any area in my opinion tho.

HG

We chose to live in the North due to being more Australians and more of other cultures. We just did want to move to the other end of the world and to live with lots of ex-pats (English) in the South. Furthermore we were sick of the all the travelling we had to do in the UK, to and from work. So we opted North because it was nearer to our work premises, nearer to the CBD and 10 km from the beach. In my opinion the houses look nicer and the suburbs look nicer in the South compared to the North. But I am so glad that I dont have to travel that Expressway everyday it would do my head with it changing directions all the time.

Guest katsmajic

POP went that can.....

We were meant to stay in eden hills on arrival but ended up down south - we'd have settled where ever we first landed i think as i havnt seen many places i wouldnt live - north, east, south or west.

We love the beach and those of you who know weston super mud will understand that as it used to be our closest 'beach'. Also love open wide spaces for walks (ok i cant walk too much but enjoy the space) and i love the view of the southern hills.

Building our own home - we chose affordability and proximity to the beach.

Personally i think immediately north of the city is like uk - crowded and full of asians. Im not racist just my observation as i work there alot and train alot of asians.

Those pommies are everywhere - cant get away from them lol

We chose to live in the North due to being more Australians and more of other cultures. We just did want to move to the other end of the world and to live with lots of ex-pats (English) in the South. Furthermore we were sick of the all the travelling we had to do in the UK, to and from work. So we opted North because it was nearer to our work premises, nearer to the CBD and 10 km from the beach. In my opinion the houses look nicer and the suburbs look nicer in the South compared to the North. But I am so glad that I dont have to travel that Expressway everyday it would do my head with it changing directions all the time.

I think you will find that there is a lot of ex pats out north as well the only thing is they are older they came in the late 50s 60s 70s when places like Elisabeth and Salisbury were just going up most of them will be retired or about to retire.I think most of the 10 pound poms were housed in Elisabeth.

Guest WhatNow?

Tinandsteve - Well done for such a sane comment in a really silly debate!

Kangomik - (I personally draw the line along Anzac Highway, but I know I am at risk of encouraging the others, so keep that to yourself!)

Katsmajic - As for 'immediately north of the city' what about places like Medindie, North Adelaide, Walkerville, St Peters? Wish I could afford to live there...

Guest katsmajic
Tinandsteve - Well done for such a sane comment in a really silly debate!

Katsmajic - As for 'immediately north of the city' what about places like Medindie, North Adelaide, Walkerville, St Peters? Wish I could afford to live there...

I agree - some places are amazing - and i'd love to be able to afford there too.

I meant in particular prospect/blair athol etc - not dissing the areas but just my observation. (and i know there not immediately north of the city - but close enough to it)