Best bits about Adelaide

Guest hughescl

Guest katsmajic

I love the city, its small, easy to navigate/walk round, got pretty much all you need.

All the burbs have their own shopping centres, reserves/parks/green areas - or brown areas in summer.

I love the view of the hills as they remind me of my most loved/favorite place in the world.

The beaches are stunning - especially in the summer.

2hrs drive has you in the middle of nowhere....in all directions. (except westwards where you'd need a boat)

Its familiar yet different.

Guest WhatNow?

Was walking back to my car tonight - female alone in Adelaide city centre 10ish on a Friday, saw a cop car parked up and two cops 'interviewing' a suspect. Was a little uneasy as they were right by some lights where I would have to wait to cross. Drew level and overhead them telling the (foreign) young man off - for not wearing a cycling helmet! Cracked me up, I can tell you. I know Hindley Street isn't somewhere you want to be if you are alone and female (normally!) but I have never felt uneasy walking through the rest of the city at night and I did a lot of that during the Fringe. Even shared the joke tonight with an old guy who was walking in the same direction and I didn't feel uncomfortable except that he was cussing about 'foreigners who come here and don't understand the law'.

Guest hughescl
Was walking back to my car tonight - female alone in Adelaide city centre 10ish on a Friday, saw a cop car parked up and two cops 'interviewing' a suspect. Was a little uneasy as they were right by some lights where I would have to wait to cross. Drew level and overhead them telling the (foreign) young man off - for not wearing a cycling helmet! Cracked me up, I can tell you. I know Hindley Street isn't somewhere you want to be if you are alone and female (normally!) but I have never felt uneasy walking through the rest of the city at night and I did a lot of that during the Fringe. Even shared the joke tonight with an old guy who was walking in the same direction and I didn't feel uncomfortable except that he was cussing about 'foreigners who come here and don't understand the law'.

lol bet he'll wear a helmet next time :)

Thats great, and thats is just Adelaide through and through.

Best bits of Adelaide for me, the city brillinat been out a few times and got worse for wear but never any hassle, awesome festivals and concerts.

amazing scenery, beautiful countryside, beaches to die for...very friendly locals if you make the effort......if you make the effort you can end up wioth friends for life...we have...

There is so much the list could go on and on....

HG

My boys are 13 and 6 so hope to get visa in the near future so that they can experience it growing up, come on SMP's!!

It will happen happen sit tight.....and when it happens fasten your seatbelts cos its one hell of a roller coaster ride...up down..round the bend..upside down...its scary :swoon:at times...but there is plenty of guys on here all been there and done that ( if you know what i mean )

Help and advice is plentiful on here.....:D

HG

All these posts are bring a tear to my eye and a lump to my throat. 'Been there, done that, got the teashirt' as they say. Just wish I was there with you permanently. The people are so friendly, the City lovely, the hills and beaches unbeatable, the wineries, the weather, the lifestyle ........ need I go on?

Don't do negatives (sure there must be some but I'm not looking for them) Oh well, another month gone by and another tiny step nearer to our dream. Roll on 2012!

All these posts are bring a tear to my eye and a lump to my throat. 'Been there, done that, got the teashirt' as they say. Just wish I was there with you permanently. The people are so friendly, the City lovely, the hills and beaches unbeatable, the wineries, the weather, the lifestyle ........ need I go on?

Don't do negatives (sure there must be some but I'm not looking for them) Oh well, another month gone by and another tiny step nearer to our dream. Roll on 2012!

Bloody oath mate.....the good deffo outways the bad here....

HG

Guest Matey2

I think the same as the other posters, the beautiful scenery, the beaches, the friendly people, the sound of the magpie in the morning (I know they are a blinkin nuisance but they sound nice. :jiggy:)

Just wanted to add the reduced traffic compared to a major UK city. OK so there are traffic jams and congestion and road works but generally journey times are shorter compared to UK cities and cities in Australia like Sydney and Melbourne with bigger populations.

Guest WhatNow?

I agree, Matey2, a rellie of mine has just been relocated to the Gold Coast (where many Brits aspire to live!) and is back to driving 90 mins to/from work on the motorway - and in the rain! Did that for enough years never to want to do that again!