Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Best bits about Adelaide

Title
      Liked
      89 times
      Rep

Best bits about Adelaide

Hi all

Hoping to be on SMP for SA, can anyone tell me the best bits about living in Adelaide? thx Claire:)

Title
      Liked
      254 times
      Rep
      I love the city, its small, easy to navigate/walk round, got pretty much all you need.
      All the burbs have their own shopping centres, reserves/parks/green areas - or brown areas in summer.
      I love the view of the hills as they remind me of my most loved/favorite place in the world.
      The beaches are stunning - especially in the summer.
      2hrs drive has you in the middle of nowhere....in all directions. (except westwards where you'd need a boat)

Its familiar yet different.
      jim and adel and hughescl like this.

Title
      Liked
      315 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by hughescl View Post
      Hi all

Hoping to be on SMP for SA, can anyone tell me the best bits about living in Adelaide? thx Claire:)
      The bread.

Cooler
      hughescl likes this.

kangomik
      :) being here:)

Title
      Liked
      270 times
      Rep
      Was walking back to my car tonight - female alone in Adelaide city centre 10ish on a Friday, saw a cop car parked up and two cops 'interviewing' a suspect. Was a little uneasy as they were right by some lights where I would have to wait to cross. Drew level and overhead them telling the (foreign) young man off - for not wearing a cycling helmet! Cracked me up, I can tell you. I know Hindley Street isn't somewhere you want to be if you are alone and female (normally!) but I have never felt uneasy walking through the rest of the city at night and I did a lot of that during the Fringe. Even shared the joke tonight with an old guy who was walking in the same direction and I didn't feel uncomfortable except that he was cussing about 'foreigners who come here and don't understand the law'.
      HEAPS GOOD !!! likes this.

Title
      Liked
      89 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by WhatNow? View Post
      Was walking back to my car tonight - female alone in Adelaide city centre 10ish on a Friday, saw a cop car parked up and two cops 'interviewing' a suspect. Was a little uneasy as they were right by some lights where I would have to wait to cross. Drew level and overhead them telling the (foreign) young man off - for not wearing a cycling helmet! Cracked me up, I can tell you. I know Hindley Street isn't somewhere you want to be if you are alone and female (normally!) but I have never felt uneasy walking through the rest of the city at night and I did a lot of that during the Fringe. Even shared the joke tonight with an old guy who was walking in the same direction and I didn't feel uncomfortable except that he was cussing about 'foreigners who come here and don't understand the law'.
      lol bet he'll wear a helmet next time :)

Title
      Liked
      1423 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by WhatNow? View Post

Thats great, and thats is just Adelaide through and through.

Best bits of Adelaide for me, the city brillinat been out a few times and got worse for wear but never any hassle, awesome festivals and concerts.

amazing scenery, beautiful countryside, beaches to die for...very friendly locals if you make the effort......if you make the effort you can end up wioth friends for life...we have...

There is so much the list could go on and on....

HG
      hughescl likes this.

Title
      Liked
      28 times
      Rep
      Everything, the people, beaches, weather etc etc I have one big huge regret though...should of done it years ago so my children could have grown up here. Adelaide has changed their lives for
      the better and they are 18, 16 and 12.

Regards Janine

Title
      Liked
      89 times
      Rep
      My boys are 13 and 6 so hope to get visa in the near future so that they can experience it growing up, come on SMP's!!

Title
      Liked
      1423 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by hughescl View Post
      My boys are 13 and 6 so hope to get visa in the near future so that they can experience it growing up, come on SMP's!!
      It will happen happen sit tight.....and when it happens fasten your seatbelts cos its one hell of a roller coaster ride...up down..round the bend..upside down...its scary at times...but there is plenty of guys on here all been there and done that ( if you know what i mean )

Help and advice is plentiful on here.....:D

HG
      hughescl likes this.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast