Fire Fire!!!!!!

Guest ali@51

Guest ali@51

Ok heres one to make you laugh!

Its taken us 9 months to sell the house and what have I done. I've only tried to set it alight:swoon:.I was cooking tea (lamb chops) and as I turned round I saw them spit and I must have had them to close to the grill because the spit hit the grill droped down and set the fat alight:arghh:. Good job the grill had had its bi annual bath at the weekend so their was only the fat from the chops to burn.But flames every where and could I reach the controles to turn it off . Could I fluff. so I decided to take it to the sink, thankfull stainless steel and deal with it there. By this time the kitchen is full of smoke and i'm struggeling to breath. At the sink I remembered how to put it out. soak a towle in water and throw it over under no circumstances put water on it.OK now I'm cooking with gas( or at the very least lamb chop fat;)) Get tea towle turn on tap to wet tea towl, Splash grill pan with water and watch the ensuing fire ball. At this stage I was seriously thinking of running and calling the fire brigade but as the fire took breath I managed to throw the tea towle over it YEAHHHHHHH. Whilst this was happening I grabbed the kids shouting" right everybody over to Maxines Mummys set the kitchen on fire" and what dose my 8year old say "Oh cool can I go on my roller skates?" Is it me?

Anyway thing have calmed down now not much dammage done.It took 1/2 hour of all the doors and windows open to clear the smoke.The plastic on the grill is slightly crazed we have a few scorch marks and the house stinks of smoke And I think I need a job lot of fabreez. But at least I dont have to ring the EA tomorrow and tell them I burnt the house down!

The kids have had Ice cream for their tea and I thoght you lot might enjoy a good laugh.

:cute: at the thougt of me juggeling with the grill pan. Silly bu....er that I am.

Oh and dose anyone want to come to tea?

It's lamb chops.