How do I get rid of smell in car?

Guest MrsHills

Guest MrsHills

I am going on a bit of a long trip soon. I have swapped cars with friends (theirs is a 4wd 4 x 4 essential to my journey!) Unfortunately it smells, its a cross between the diesel fuel it uses and an 'old' smell not musty, just 'old'. I suffer terribly with car sickness and I am sure I will spew before we leave Adelaide!! We have cleaned it inside and out, hung an airfreshener in it but as the old saying goes, now it just smells like pine scented 'old' diesel car!! :arghh: All handy hints will be tried. :)

Guest fletch

I would try bicarb as it absorbs bad smells.

Put some in a dish and leave it overnight in the car for at least a week, changing it each night. You could also try putting some of your favourite essential oil on a rag under the driver's seat

Good Luck

Clare

Guest Guest75

Yep deffo bicarb + put a tray of ground coffee in for a few days,that can soak up odours.

I lost a carton of Iced Coffee in our car a few months back.

Remembered it when it burst! - all pus and stink!!:swoon::swoon::swoon:

The bicarb and coffee worked:idea:

Guest Skippy

I am so glad to have read this thread! Our car smells really bad too! We bought it in the March time. It smells of really dirty wet dogs when you first turn the air con on (I always wondered why the salesman had slid all the doors open!). Well now it smells as if something has crawled in and died! I shall try the bicarb and coffee!:err:Anna

Guest kangomik

Defo the bicarb - we hired a car last year when parents were over and lovely son puked all over the place a day or so before it was due back!!!! obviously didn't have a lot of time to deal with it but the bicarb worked wonders!