Richer than I thought I was!

Diane

Well, I went round the house collecting all the loose change that gets left around - nothing bigger than a 20cent piece - took it to the fantastic coin sorter at CBA Modbury - and I'm $47.50 richer than I thought I was!! It was like winning the jackpot...who needs pokies?!!!

Did find a few English coins too on my search - aren't those 50p's small???

Hi Wendy, do you know where the CBA is on the edge of the Modbury Triangle set of shops? Sort of opposite MacDonalds on Reservoir Road? It's just inside there. You put the coins in (you don't have to sort them), it counts them and issues you with a docket saying how much, and you take that up to the counter. I don't know if you have to have an account there - I guess you could ask as you go in - but they were happy to give me cash from the cashiers and I didn't have to put it into my account.

Guest Guest5035
You can take the girl out of Essex but you can't the Essex out of the girl !!!! LOL:biglaugh:

i'll be in Essex next week, i'll get back to you on that.

stevo

Guest Guest5035
Rich beyond my wildest dreams I am now, Stevo, Bob and Heaps! You guys are obviously loaded and don't realise what a big sum that is to a girl like me!!!

so whats colchester like, any good restaraunts, or did you stick to the takeaways with your rummaging money.,

stevo

so whats colchester like, any good restaraunts, or did you stick to the takeaways with your rummaging money.,

stevo

Used to be a nice place called The Blue Strawberry in Hatfield Peverel in the High Street - but nearest I got to Colchester was Layer Marney Tower where I used to work... There was a lovely pub out in the sticks in a place called Blackmore End (not to be confused with Blackmore as that's different) called the Bull that did the most delicious desserts though....

Have a good trip Stevo - let us know how it goes!

I used to work in Colchester and it's a really nice town - once the capital of Roman Britain. The castle is worth a visit and the town centre is nice for shopping, all olde worlde with small lanes (a bit like a mini York). It's not far to Flatford Mill where the famous Constable painting was painted and not too far to the coast. The only restaurant/pub I can remember was the George Hotel in the High Street as work colleagues from Lancashire used to stay there during the week. It was very old, nice and cosy, log fires etc. I'm feeling quite envious now - I'm from the other side of Essex so all the restaurants I know are in the west of the county - hope you have a good time.