Irn-bru

Guest Furious_D

Guest Furious_D

Does anyone know where I can get some in Adelaide? Hang overs just aren't the same without it!

I've tried the shop in the golden grove village but they're having stock issues with it. Is there another shop in town centre that sells it along with other British sweets?

Guest guest4829
Does anyone know where I can get some in Adelaide? Hang overs just aren't the same without it!

I've tried the shop in the golden grove village but they're having stock issues with it. Is there another shop in town centre that sells it along with other British sweets?

Try central market - they had it there last week!

I spoke to a couple of people though at different stores and they both said that there are supply issues as it has been banned by the state due to the additives etc that are in it.

Daniel

Guest guest4829
The lolly shop in Glenelg had some too last time we were there!

They are one of the places that doesn't have it just now due to the state ban

Daniel

Guest Furious_D

Thanks guys! I'll give those places a shot.

I was told that they can't import Irn-bru just now because it has an illegal ingredient in it. The illegal ingredient turned out to be caffeine! Its because its added rather than part of the production process or something like that.

• 4 weeks later...

Be aware folks, stuff you buy here in the bottles is not the same as the cans. It is brewed under licence in Oz, and as such different ingredients are used. And for anyone really desperate, the IGA supermarket in Gilbert Street in the city (just next to where i work) has the original in Cans. And there are almost 2 dozen cans in my fridge at work, and drinking one as I type.

Guest Furious_D
Be aware folks, stuff you buy here in the bottles is not the same as the cans. It is brewed under licence in Oz, and as such different ingredients are used. And for anyone really desperate, the IGA supermarket in Gilbert Street in the city (just next to where i work) has the original in Cans. And there are almost 2 dozen cans in my fridge at work, and drinking one as I type.

Don't talk nonsense! Its bottled in Glasgow and imported by Ocasio.

Guest Furious_D
Well must have changed, last bottled i got had made in Australia under licence.

Apparently its changed as of this year. Occasio used to make it here but now its imported, so its all good