How totally behind the times I am!

Diane

Well, been watching "Any Dream Will Do" on Foxtel about the selection of someone to play Joseph in the West End, which came to an end (here) this week - and have to say, the best man won! Then I find out that this all happened about three years ago in the UK - and the guy that won has not only finished his run, and got it together with one of the judges on the show (Denise Van Outen), but has married her and had a baby with her!!!! (Good on 'em though - they make a great couple - and great representatives of Essex.)

God, I feel like a time traveller! I knew I'd lost touch a little with the UK over the last six years, but this just really brought it home to me!!! Sleepy backwater it is!

Thinking of changing my user name to Rip Van Winkle....

Guest kangomik

I watched Emeerdale yesterday, it must have been old, Jacks step son had only just proposed to Sam, which must have been about 3 years before we left the UK LOL

Marlon was cooking fancy cakes, and i am sure a few others had been murdered since LOL

Heh, don't worry Diane, at least australia's ahead on Neighbours and Home&away...

(erm... provided these are still running, haven't had a TV since I left home 9 years ago, so I'm bit out of touch on TV related stuff)

Only just! 6 weeks behind in Neighbours but Home and Away was getting so close that they've stopped it for the summer in the UK.

I miss seeing those lovely Northern Beaches and remember my stay there (Palm Beach/Whale Beach, Pittwater and Barrenjoey lighthouse) 10 and 5 years ago

Yes it's weird seeing it TV here and knowing who won. I took my Dad and my son to see the show in London 2 and a half years ago. Lee Meads was really good.

Do you want me to tell you who becomes Nancy in Oliver (I think that's on next on UKTV) ???

............... and you still have 'Over the Rainbow' to look forward to - the hunt for Dorothy and Toto