Cheap flights to UK

Guest Guest5035

Just as a comparison:

SINGAPORE AIRLINES

ADL to LHR

$1963.00

For departures between 16/08/10-30/11/10

Fares shown are for return travel in Economy Class, per person from Adelaide. Final booking and payment date is 03 September 2010.

CATHAY PACIFIC

Departing 18 Oct 2010, returning 21 Nov 2010

$1944.47 including taxes

QANTAS

same dates as above

$2014 including taxes

MALAYSIA AIRLINES

same dates as above

$1878.01 including taxes

VIRGIN ATLANTIC

same dates as above

$1990 including taxes

ETIHAD AIRWAYS

same dates as above

$2130.00 including taxes

Stevo, when did you book your July flights? We're going to have to start looking for next year (sister in law getting married) and with four of us now counting as adults, it's already starting to hurt me with the thought of over $10,000 to spend just getting there! Sites like Zuji will only quote prices less than 300 days away, but I know there are often Early Bird offers...

Guest The Dimmocks
Stevo, when did you book your July flights? We're going to have to start looking for next year (sister in law getting married) and with four of us now counting as adults, it's already starting to hurt me with the thought of over $10,000 to spend just getting there! Sites like Zuji will only quote prices less than 300 days away, but I know there are often Early Bird offers...

Hi Diane

If you here of any early birds going, can you let me know please as I keep looking on websites and they only taking bookings up to July 2011. Hoping come January will be able to book flights.

Michelle

Will do, Michelle, I am never sure if it's better to book early or catch a deal nearer the time.... last year my OH went back on his own for his Mum's 80th birthday, and we booked really last minute and got a great deal - but that was in the middle of the GFC so perhaps that made a difference... I know you can sign up for a newsletter on Australian Travel Agent : Best Flights Online Travel Agency Australia which might be worth doing, so that you get alerted to any new deals. (I must sign up again, I used to get them but they seem to have stopped coming recently!!)

Guest The Dimmocks
Will do, Michelle, I am never sure if it's better to book early or catch a deal nearer the time.... last year my OH went back on his own for his Mum's 80th birthday, and we booked really last minute and got a great deal - but that was in the middle of the GFC so perhaps that made a difference... I know you can sign up for a newsletter on Australian Travel Agent : Best Flights Online Travel Agency Australia which might be worth doing, so that you get alerted to any new deals. (I must sign up again, I used to get them but they seem to have stopped coming recently!!)

Thanks, will sign up to the newsletter. Scared if leave it till last minute wont get a flight lol

Guest tinkham_lee

I booked flights back to England in February about a month ago, We were watching the prices on the airlines website drop, then booked through Flight centre with their price beat guarantee as soon as they started going up again. We paid $1950pp return with Malaysian airlines.

Guest Guest5035

Booked it at the start of July flew start of August with singapore, i will not fly with anyone else as they are direct from adelaide, saves all the hassle of other airports like melbourne and sydney. We got a email from bestflights quoting $1963 took it to FC and they beat it..

Stevo

We recentlywent back (2 adults 2 kids) 10K return from adelaide to glasgow was quoted what we done was bought 1 way to glasgow and 1 way back ended up costing us 7800.

Guest tinkham_lee
Booked it at the start of July flew start of August with singapore, i will not fly with anyone else as they are direct from adelaide, saves all the hassle of other airports like melbourne and sydney. We got a email from bestflights quoting $1963 took it to FC and they beat it..

Stevo

There are other airlines that fly direct from Adelaide, Quantas, Malaysian Airlines, and BA.

We are flying Malaysian airlines in February, Adelaide-Kuala Lumpur-Heathrow cost us $1950pp and it only has a 3 hour transit making for a short 23.5 hours travel time

have you looked at air asia. you have to fly to melbourne then from there to KL but they only fly to london. got a quote yesterday for us and it was approx $3200 for 2 of us, including seats with extra leg room

have you looked at air asia. you have to fly to melbourne then from there to KL but they only fly to london. got a quote yesterday for us and it was approx $3200 for 2 of us, including seats with extra leg room

The trouble with Air Asia is everything is extra - hand luggage is extra, check in luggage is extra, food is extra, drinks are extra, entertainment extra, probable even costs to use the loo!... wouldn't mind on a short trip but half way round the world with my hand in and out of my pocket all the time is a bit much. Especially with my kids thinking I've got one of those magic wallets that constantly refills!!