Dog Boarding Kennels

Guest nikki & john

Guest nikki & john

Hiya

We're heading back to the UK to get married and are unfortunately going to have to put our wee dog into kennels which I am absolutely dreading since she hasn't been in kennels since she was in quarantine more than 3 years ago and which she didn't deal very well with. I wanted to ask if anyone has had experience of any kennels that they would highly recommend. We live in the Hills but would be prepared to travel to make sure she ends up in really good kennels. Thanks in advance as this has me more stressed than anything else about the trip or the wedding.

Nikki

Hi Nikki

Congrats on the wedding!!!

We have a very big dog but he is very nervous of the wind and rain noises so I was concerned about having to put him in kennels, we tried a few out for day trials but he just couldn't settle at them (or I wasn't happy with them!!!) so in the end we tried Dog Boarding Dog Minding Dog Accommodation Pet Sitting Pet Minding Its very expensive (I think about $30) but your dog lives in someone's house, the company match your dog and you can go and meet the people and see what the house and surroundings are like, we were very happy with the place he stayed at so you may want to try them if you dont have any luck with kennels.

Good luck with your plans!

Kim

Hi Nikki,

We went to New Zealand in Feb and put our energetic Boxer into kennels in Aldinga / Willunga.

They were recommended on this site.

Contact details are:

Fleurieu Park Boarding Kennels

Lot 600 - Hahn Road, Aldinga, SA 5173

Fleurieu Peninsula, South Adelaide

p: 04 17805705

They have runs for the dogs to ensure that they are exercised.

I was very happy with them and will certainly use them again.

Tamara

Guest nikki & john

Just wanted to say thank you for all your help guys, will be looking at all of those, hopefully we'll be happy to leave our precious wee mutt with one of them. And thanks for the congratulations, seems too strange after being together for 14 years to finally be tying the knot :)

Thanks again

Nikki