2 year update, not sure if there is a section so i'm bunging it here!!

Guest Weez

Hello hello helloooooo, well as it says on the tin we have been here 2 years today:)

we didn't have a house to sell before we came so we saved like the clappers and came with a modest amount of savings that soon got eaten up, we have brought dud cars, met some nasty people, been conned, been treated like immigrants (well we are!!) and had some really dodgy and rough times, be we had no choice we had to make it work and we bloody well did, and never once through our crappest times we have wanted to go back, cuz on the flip side, we have met some great people, got some good friends, finally (for the old chap) got decent work, got the kids settled, got a house we could never have got in the uk, got a crazy Kelpie X that needs serious training, got pregnant !!(due in a few weeks!!) got to see some amazing wildlife and beaches and hills aaaannnd mountains and got to see the kids perform on stage in various theatres and at the Adelaide Entertainment centre....PHEW!!! we have a great life here, sure we will never be rolling in riches, we never were and that is not the reason we came, we came cuz we wanted to achieve the impossible (well it looked that way 4 years ago when we started!!) we wanted to show our kids that no matter how out of reach things seems with bloody hard work determination and a positive attitude nothing is impossible and if your nearest and dearest don't support you then keep going anyway do it for yourself and for the future...never give up.

so please raise your glass to us (as i can't at the moment) heres to many more great years for us!!:):)

Nah Damo your just one of those nasty hangers on that we can't get rid of, tho now you have a boat we will be your friends!! Ben had 1/4 of your homemade special brew and was nearly wasted, did ya lace it with vodka???

Thanks everyone:)

Guest liamcnaught
Hello hello helloooooo, well as it says on the tin we have been here 2 years today:)

we didn't have a house to sell before we came so we saved like the clappers and came with a modest amount of savings that soon got eaten up, we have brought dud cars, met some nasty people, been conned, been treated like immigrants (well we are!!) and had some really dodgy and rough times, be we had no choice we had to make it work and we bloody well did, and never once through our crappest times we have wanted to go back, cuz on the flip side, we have met some great people, got some good friends, finally (for the old chap) got decent work, got the kids settled, got a house we could never have got in the uk, got a crazy Kelpie X that needs serious training, got pregnant !!(due in a few weeks!!) got to see some amazing wildlife and beaches and hills aaaannnd mountains and got to see the kids perform on stage in various theatres and at the Adelaide Entertainment centre....PHEW!!! we have a great life here, sure we will never be rolling in riches, we never were and that is not the reason we came, we came cuz we wanted to achieve the impossible (well it looked that way 4 years ago when we started!!) we wanted to show our kids that no matter how out of reach things seems with bloody hard work determination and a positive attitude nothing is impossible and if your nearest and dearest don't support you then keep going anyway do it for yourself and for the future...never give up.

so please raise your glass to us (as i can't at the moment) heres to many more great years for us!!:):)

What a fantastic post.....exactly what we want to achieve as a family. Thankyou

Guest EHumphreys

Hi Guys,

Congrats for being here two years, it will be two for us at the beginning of November!!

Don't suppose you were in the Entertainment Centre for the Wakakirri last night were you??

Great post. If your kids are into performing (sounds like they are!) have you discovered Pelican Productions yet? They do a great two week "camp" in January (coming home each night, not a sleepover type thing) for kids from 8 to 19 - worth a look at their website. Auditions for solo parts in the 2011 camp coming up soon, but kids don't have to audition if they just want to take part.

Pelican Productions HOME

You have done so much and come so far cos you are a great family. You came with an open mind and was willing to muck in and make the best of the downs and thats why now life is on the up for you:wubclub:. You are a great friend to have and I'm glad I met you and I cant wait til Baby Weez comes and meets all his new aunties xx.

You have done so much and come so far cos you are a great family. You came with an open mind and was willing to muck in and make the best of the downs and thats why now life is on the up for you:wubclub:. You are a great friend to have and I'm glad I met you and I cant wait til Baby Weez comes and meets all his new aunties xx.

now on this bit here i was starting to think you were feeling a bit sick, even had me welling up a bit

Now enough of the nice stuff you should have put this in the news bit you silly old minger!!;)

now thats more like it, oh shut up you cake whore!!:biglaugh:

Hi Guys,

Congrats for being here two years, it will be two for us at the beginning of November!!

Don't suppose you were in the Entertainment Centre for the Wakakirri last night were you??

yes we were there with the Wakakirri, it was amazing wasn't it!!

Thanks everyone XX (apart from Damo:p)

now on this bit here i was starting to think you were feeling a bit sick, even had me welling up a bit

you know your would miss me if I went back, I mean where else would you get free haircuts :)

now thats more like it, oh shut up you cake whore!!:biglaugh:

Cake whore now why didn't I have that put on my number plate I like it!!

What a great post, as most people say it really does take at least 2 years to get really settled, to get through the tough times (that most of us go through) and to come out the other side, its such a fantastic place, and this just proves that its all worth while!!!

good luck with the bub :wubclub: not long now!!!

Kim