Thanks to PIA

Guest Murphy642

Guest Murphy642

Hi All

I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who contributes onto PIA. I have been researching moving to Adelaide for the last 3 years whilst our visa has been going through, not going through, going through and and now we have our visa!:)

We came for a reccie in August and absolutely loved the place, and the best thing was almost every question my husband asked various people - I knew the answer already by reading various threads on PIA!!!

Any question I have it generally has been asked before - so I LOVE the search facility on PIA...... So thanks to EVERYONE who contributes this website is fantastic and I love it!!! I don't post often but I am on here every night "investigating".

The happy news is we have booked our one way flights to Adelaide and will be arriving on the 10th Jan, no jobs yet, nowhere to live but I know that help is only a keyboard tap away and I look firwarding to meeting you all when we get there!!:P

Hi All

I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who contributes onto PIA. I have been researching moving to Adelaide for the last 3 years whilst our visa has been going through, not going through, going through and and now we have our visa!:)

We came for a reccie in August and absolutely loved the place, and the best thing was almost every question my husband asked various people - I knew the answer already by reading various threads on PIA!!!

Any question I have it generally has been asked before - so I LOVE the search facility on PIA...... So thanks to EVERYONE who contributes this website is fantastic and I love it!!! I don't post often but I am on here every night "investigating".

The happy news is we have booked our one way flights to Adelaide and will be arriving on the 10th Jan, no jobs yet, nowhere to live but I know that help is only a keyboard tap away and I look firwarding to meeting you all when we get there!!:P

Absolutely agree - a FAB site it is!! :notworthy:

We'll be going same kind of time as you too - early Jan but not yet booked flights, that's somewhere soon on our (ever increasing) to-do list!

Whereabouts you hoping to settle when you arrive?

Hazel,

And thats what this forum is all about, information friendship and help and advice....thorwn in with the old heated debate.

Its nice to read a post like that were all doing something right then..lol.

Enjoy your last few months back there, cherish the time with all your friends and your loved ones....the roller coaster really starts to pick up some speed....just hold tight and dnt forget everyone is here should you need anything.

HG

As Heaps said.......................;)

Good to read the forum helps.

The only "Silly" question - is the one never asked , it may be something hugely helpful to you if not to others:)

Congrats on the visa. :jiggy:

Now you know all the answers you can help others that don't. ;)

I see you are in Lincs. Where abouts???? We moved over here two years ago from little old Gainsborough. In fact

(exactly two years ago as I type this) we were on the plane between London and Singapore.

Make the most of your last few months in the UK. The time will go faster than you think. One moment we had weeks of waiting and plans to say goodbyes and last visits to favourite places and the next we were here.

Pete

Enjoy your last few months back there, cherish the time with all your friends and your loved ones....the roller coaster really starts to pick up some speed....just hold tight and dnt forget everyone is here should you need anything.

HG

Had my meds done a week ago and it has really sunk in since, I'm usually fine when watching 'wanted down under', but this week have been blubbering like an idiot! Not looking forward to the goodbye's. Honestly anything sets me of - I'm going to be mush by the time I arrive!

I have that pre-rollercoaster feeling, thinking should I be doing this one second and the next thinking OMG this is going to be awesome!! :jiggy:

We're off to Longleat today, although just down the road and i've been a million times - even worked there- it is somewhere that reminds me of home and its almost my first fond farewell.

Well in addition to Longleat I will be writing my 'D-Day' to do list :GEEK:

Speak soon

Von

Had my meds done a week ago and it has really sunk in since, I'm usually fine when watching 'wanted down under', but this week have been blubbering like an idiot! Not looking forward to the goodbye's. Honestly anything sets me of - I'm going to be mush by the time I arrive!

I have that pre-rollercoaster feeling, thinking should I be doing this one second and the next thinking OMG this is going to be awesome!! :jiggy:

We're off to Longleat today, although just down the road and i've been a million times - even worked there- it is somewhere that reminds me of home and its almost my first fond farewell.

Well in addition to Longleat I will be writing my 'D-Day' to do list :GEEK:

Speak soon

Von

We have had some good days out @ Longleat...were from Cheltenham used to laugh at people getting stuff ripped off their cars by the monkeys...

HG

Have to agree thats the best bit! They collect all sorts, its when they remove the trim around your sunroof that it really starts to hit the pocket!! :biglaugh:

Had a great day, although cold we had blue sky which really picks me up, glad I made the effort to say 'so long' to the ol' place - fond memories.

Looking forward to exploring something new! BTW how much is Adelaide Zoo? Hope not as costly as Longleat! :err:

Murphy642, another Lincs person. At this rate we'll have to have our own little ex-lincs group.lol. :)

Congratulations on the visa. Must have been quite a frustrating 3 years! Well worth it i'm sure though

James :D

Guest Murphy642

Hey! We are actually in Lincoln. We do love it here but want some adventure before the kids grow up and have an opinion!! They are 6 and 1, we are not sure where we are going prob South Adelaide, it depends on if we get jobs before we get there which will help us decide......

As many before us, there is a list a mile long that needs completely, short term rentals and removal agents next! But I have resigned and we have booked our flights so the BIG stuff has been done. We are really looking forward to coming and meeting all you guys!

See you soon!

HG

Does that include entry for the Panda's as well?

We had a yearly pass when we first got here and really enjoyed both Zoo and Monarto well worth the initial outlay, great day out for the kids.

Kim

Yes it deos you just have to pick a time when you want to go see the Pandas. we have been about 3/4 times and they have always been asleep....we have been told the morning is the best time to ctach them up and about.

HG

Thanks HG

went on a school trip with the kids, the panda's weren't moving very much at all so we went and took photos of the plastic pandas with the class then when most people had left I took the group back in and they started walking around and funi decided to sit right in front of us and eat for ages we spent the rest of the allocated time watching and taking some great photos, so the tip, is let the crowd go in then wait till the end to go and watch them... they obviously don't perform for a large crowd !!!!

Kim

Thanks HG

went on a school trip with the kids, the panda's weren't moving very much at all so we went and took photos of the plastic pandas with the class then when most people had left I took the group back in and they started walking around and funi decided to sit right in front of us and eat for ages we spent the rest of the allocated time watching and taking some great photos, so the tip, is let the crowd go in then wait till the end to go and watch them... they obviously don't perform for a large crowd !!!!

Kim

thats so cool....wish they would move around when were there...i reckon the plasitc ones move more than the real opnes....:chatterbox:

HG