Fasle nails

Guest MrsHills

Guest MrsHills

I am one of these people who, when they are watching tv or reading a good book, chew their nails. Not all the time so sometime they grow a bit, but usually only for a couple of millimtrs before I do get at them. I thought about having some false nails, but have heard that they absolutely ruin you real nails. Is this correct? I have seen a place which advertises acrylic ones as well as gel overlays (whatever that is) Any thoughts?

Thanks

Guest MrsHills

Nope definately not - although OH does use my "name" on occassions. I think once before when I was asking about spray tans several pia's were getting this mental image of an aged man being orange in a leopard print thong!!!!:biglaugh:

Guest laurenburton92

No they havnt ruined my nails they just make them a bit weaker! Iv had acriclic nails constantly done for about a year! They take a bit of getting used to at first, but I can't be without them now :) and generally, if you pay a bit more than the 'cheap' ones they are far better, last longer etc! X

Guest katsmajic

I gnaw my nails...worse here than ever before for some reason...

i got acrylics done at professionail, it stung a fair bit etc and she was a bit rough but they were well stuck on and looked pretty good....they took a hell of a beating at work and held up really well...

i got them filled in - theyre pretty high maintenance (infills every cple of weeks - works out expensive imo) then decided as i could see my nails underneath i'd take off the acrylics and check out my nails - they were so soft and kept splitting - they lasted about a week.

3 weeks later i went and had them done again at Ashleigh's in seaford, (dearer) they were gentler and nails looked nicer in general than the 1st lot, got a pinky tinge, but one is on totally crookedly, and not even 2 weeks in and ones popped off, 2 are lifting and alot have snag bits on the edges where their as bit too big for my fingers/not filed at sides correctly.

got to go back for infills this week but thinking id rather go back to professionail...

Guest jessica_svr

Hiya, im a qualified nail technician. False nails do damage your natural nail to a degree but nothing too serious, just weaker really. (like lauren mentioned)

Fibre glass looks more natural than acrylic or gel and they arent as thick so are easier to get used to.

Make sure though, that if you do get a set, when you want them off, get them removed by a professional, you will really damage your natural nails if you just rip them off!! And a good tip for once they've been removed, rub a bit of almond oil onto your nails every day... it strengthens them up really quick.

Failing that, just get a packet that you stick on yourself.. much cheaper and still look really natural providing you apply them well and dont look too closely. lol