Has anyone got car insurance whilst visiting the uk?

Guest northernstar200

Guest northernstar200

Hi there. I am just wondering if anyone has been successful in getting short term car insurance whilst visiting the uk?

My dad is so excited for me going over in two weeks times, he has bought me a little car to drive while i am there. I thought this was fab, cos he always said to me, "if you ever go to univeristy i will buy you a car!" pity its 8 years too late but the thought it there lol.

Anyway my dad is a taxi driver and so has taxi driver insurance whilch isnt the same as nomal car insurance. I thought it would be quite easy to get car insurance while i am there, but as soon as i went to get quotes, it states only continue, if you are not a resident of usa, canada or Australia.

If anyone has got insurance with no problems, just let me know, or any ideas how to get insurance on a car for three weeks

Thanks

Tracy x x

Hi there. I am just wondering if anyone has been successful in getting short term car insurance whilst visiting the uk?

My dad is so excited for me going over in two weeks times, he has bought me a little car to drive while i am there. I thought this was fab, cos he always said to me, "if you ever go to univeristy i will buy you a car!" pity its 8 years too late but the thought it there lol.

Anyway my dad is a taxi driver and so has taxi driver insurance whilch isnt the same as nomal car insurance. I thought it would be quite easy to get car insurance while i am there, but as soon as i went to get quotes, it states only continue, if you are not a resident of usa, canada or Australia.

If anyone has got insurance with no problems, just let me know, or any ideas how to get insurance on a car for three weeks

Thanks

Tracy x x

Hi..

Have you got a UK driving licence?? My sister lives in the USA but still has her British licence which she uses when she visits rather than her usa one..

She is still a uk citizen & lives parents when she goes home.. although she did get added to my dads insurance rather than take out a seperate policy..The ins company didnt have a problem with it.

Guest northernstar200
Hi..

Have you got a UK driving licence?? My sister lives in the USA but still has her British licence which she uses when she visits rather than her usa one..

She is still a uk citizen & lives parents when she goes home.. although she did get added to my dads insurance rather than take out a seperate policy..The ins company didnt have a problem with it.

Hi there, yes i have still got my british licence, they never asked for it when i went to get australian one.

My dad doesnt want to insure it cos once i have used it he is gonna sell it, as they already have a car(taxi).

But i think i have found downunder insurance who will insure me as long as the car is registered in my name, nothing is ever easy for me!

Thanks for your input.

Tracy x