PIA my rock!

Guest guest3462

Guest guest3462

I just wanted to post this thread as a thankyou for all your kind words today. I have had about the most stressful day ever and really did feel at one stage today that I would explode with sadness.

Each and every one of you who posted on my thread earlier today gave me enough energy and lift in spirit to carry on and work through it to try and begin to sort things out.

After spending over 5 hours on the phone I think I may be on the way to putting our application back on track along with the help of an amazingly helpful fella called Roland in the Adelaide processing centre. We between us managed to get immi SA to agree to send the form 1100 and I have recieved email confirmation that this has been sent to diac. Just need confirmation from diac that they will accept a late form before we can move on. Diac assure me tonight that our visa application is valid and is still in priority 2 position but couldn't clarify a timeline other than they hope for it to be assigned a co during this group year (before July 2011).

Anyway I just needed to thank you all or helping me to see through the immediate madness I know you guys are always there for me. You are my immigration rock!!!!:notworthy:

What you did (posting) could have made your day worse of course. By posting, all you needed was someone to say something that made you feel worse (even if not aimed at you).

When you (one) is down and looking for support you have to be aware you may read something you don't like and it tips you over the edge.

Pleased all is oK!

Guest Sachertorte

Julia,

Hope things turn out well for you and your family. Stay on the phone, sweet talking to immiSA, it worked for us too. Keep plugging away with the phone thing, always stay positive when you talk to them, you will find the friendly person who will take it upon themselves to put you on the path to rectify this imbroglio.

Big hugs

What you did (posting) could have made your day worse of course. By posting, all you needed was someone to say something that made you feel worse (even if not aimed at you).

When you (one) is down and looking for support you have to be aware you may read something you don't like and it tips you over the edge.

Pleased all is oK!

I suppose you are right,there is always one thoughtless K*ob who will post something stupid.:skeptical:

Support is what this forum is about.

Glad it's helped .:cute::cute:

Guest WhatNow?

Hopefully that one victory will start to turn the tide in your favour...It's hard when everything you do seems to run up against a brick wall, really tests your fortitude. Keep plugging away and don't let the b******ds grind you down!

So glad things are looking brighter for you. Here's hoping that was rock bottom, you've sprung off the floor and are heading for the sky now!

(PS I nearly suggested you try the "climb up on a roof and refuse to come down till they give you PR" thing, but thought that might get a bit too close to the truth yesterday!)

Guest guest3462

Lol diane I think at one point I actually was thinking of chaining myself to the immi dept railings like emiline Pankhurst!!! Minor mental breakdown yesterday, but had a good sleep and feel back on form today. :-)

Julia, really glad to hear that Diac seem to be doing the right thing for you now. As I said before, stand your ground with them and I'm sure things will turn out the way you want:)

Also glad to hear that our posts helped you and hopefully cheered you up :wubclub:

Guest guest3462

Here are lots of reasons why we didn't come here on a pr visa. The first being time. When rich got his job offer we only had a few months to arrange a visa and get to Adelaide so the best option was a 457 work sponsored visa. We had every intention of applying for pr straight away but encountered several problems of which are private and not to be discussed on a public forum. Then we discovered that rich had to have full medical registration to qualify for the skills assessment and this took almost 18 months to complete and several thousands of dollars which we hadn't budgeted for and this in itself almost sent us home.

So by the time we were ready to apply for a pr visa rich was too old to apply fora 175 visa (at the time things have now changed with the new rules) so we had to go for a 176 state sponsored visa as we can't get a bridging visa pr an on shore visa. Hen state sponsorship was suspended due to the smp

I'mplementation and now we are where we are at!!!

If we were to have gotten a pr visa to start with the we may well onlyjust be getting here now, instead we have almost 2 years under our belts so really it was best for us at the time. I have given up my nursing as I really wasn't that happy and aim to open a small business in the next few years but for now I'm very happy being a mummy to my beautiful girls.

Here are lots of reasons why we didn't come here on a pr visa. The first being time. When rich got his job offer we only had a few months to arrange a visa and get to Adelaide so the best option was a 457 work sponsored visa. We had every intention of applying for pr straight away but encountered several problems of which are private and not to be discussed on a public forum. Then we discovered that rich had to have full medical registration to qualify for the skills assessment and this took almost 18 months to complete and several thousands of dollars which we hadn't budgeted for and this in itself almost sent us home.

So by the time we were ready to apply for a pr visa rich was too old to apply fora 175 visa (at the time things have now changed with the new rules) so we had to go for a 176 state sponsored visa as we can't get a bridging visa pr an on shore visa. Hen state sponsorship was suspended due to the smp

I'mplementation and now we are where we are at!!!

If we were to have gotten a pr visa to start with the we may well onlyjust be getting here now, instead we have almost 2 years under our belts so really it was best for us at the time. I have given up my nursing as I really wasn't that happy and aim to open a small business in the next few years but for now I'm very happy being a mummy to my beautiful girls.

Sorry wasnt meaning to pry...just wanted to try and understand why you guys were in this awful position....what a nightmare!

Guest WhatNow?
Actually, what i dont understand is why you guys are in this position? With both your occupations...how come you couldnt come out on a perm visa?

Sadly, lorluc, temporary visas have been sold by migration agents, nursing agencies and employers in recent years to get nurses into Australia quickly, the premise being that the employers were so desperate that they wanted the nurses here asap and would convert to permanent within a few weeks/months provided the relationship worked out. For many this worked out to their advantage but it doesn't for everyone. Temporary visas are now a risky form of migration in these times of relative financial insecurity and especially for people with a young family to support. The unfavourable exchange rate, the poor property market in the UK and the depressed job market are things that no-one would have forecast when many people originally applied for their visas and most UK migrants were expecting to be reasonably well off when they arrived. The disavantages of temporary residency, such as not being entitled to the financial help that permanent residents get has turned a dream into a nightmare even for some nurses and doctors (who at least have a chance of getting permanent employment within the time allowed). Temporary visas are all well and good in times of plenty but I believe that those times are over at least for a while to come.

Pleased all is oK!

Totally true...but Julia like so many others has come to Australia without having family or friends here and they have made friends with others through this forum, they therefore are still of the belief that people use the forum to help and assist others and not to sh*t stir and upset people just for the hell of it.....

Thankfully the majority of people are genuine and decent........hopefully they continue to be so

Totally true...but Julia like so many others has come to Australia without having family or friends here and they have made friends with others through this forum, they therefore are still of the belief that people use the forum to help and assist others and not to sh*t stir and upset people just for the hell of it.....

Thankfully the majority of people are genuine and decent........hopefully they continue to be so

Seconded - the whole ethos of this forum :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: