Leccie bill omg

Guest Guest5035

Guest motlyman

Wish ours was that low but then we did just get a cheque for compensation from ETSA for a break in service for over 24 hrs.

We didnt tell them we were in the Gold Coast at the time and didnt even know :D

Colin

Guest Guest5035

just wait till it comes thats all, the pay it. i can never understand how people get these big bills, we have gas for heating and water, but leccie for oven and cooking.

stevo

Quick question...do you pay bill in advance (like in UK estimated) on monthly direct debit for example or budget for quarterly bills and hope you got your budget right?

Hi Yvonne

We are so use to paying direct debit monthly that I set all our bills up this way to help budget monthly expenses, but must admit have reduced many of them as we just dont seem to use so much as we did in the UK... :D

Kim

Thanks Kim

Well hopefully I'll have a reduced bill in comparison then :)

Though I was lucky this year as I was sent a cheque for £230 from S.Electric! Over paid monthly by quite a bit - needless to say I have reduced my monthly payments!

Thanks all

One more thing (kind of related...in the way it uses electricity!) what type of air conditioning should I be looking for in regard to renting? I'm a bit confused by the terms used!!

Guest Jersey Bean

OMG!

I just cant wait to see ours.. the way things are going! BIll after bill after speeding fine after car break down, after hospital bill after Oh massive leccie bill why not eh!

ha ha happy days in Adelaide ?

Guest motlyman

[quote name=

One more thing (kind of related...in the way it uses electricity!) what type of air conditioning should I be looking for in regard to renting? I'm a bit confused by the terms used!!

Funny you should say that.

We chose this rental we are in for several reasons, one being recycled heating and cooling.

Had the landlord out today to fix a shutter up on a window and whilst talking found out it is evaporative cooling. The agent (a bloke with a girls name;)) told us it was recycled:realmad:

The difference is recycled is cold like a fridge whilst evaporative cools via cold tap water.

Evaporative is ok up to a certain temperature then it wont work.

It will just blow humid air around :sad:

Nothing to do with electricity but we got rid of our pet rats because she said it was the landlords policy. And yes i asked him about it and he said he wasnt botherd either way:realmad:

Rant over, i feel better now lol

Colin

Be careful guys

evap cooling is cheaper to run and works very well (IMO) its only on days around 40 that it isnt as effective, as it will then only cool the house down by around 12 degrees less than outside. we had it in our house in Blackwood during the last heatwave and found it fine over the 2 weeks of over 38C its really a personal choice I suppose.

Thanks

Kim

Guest motlyman
:wacko:

Reverse cycle not recycled?? But evap is ok and cheaper to run?

What about heat in the winter which one does this? (If either!)

:)

Von

That would be the bicycle :biglaugh:

Evaporative does not heat. Only RECYCLEREVERSECYCLEBICYCLE.

Reverse cycle heats and cools.

Guest motlyman
Yeah bit of a mouthfull for an advert though!! :)

Ok sorted ... reverse better yar?

Reverse cycle is better and heats.

Evaporative is cheaper but not as good and dosent heat.

Then theres the Tricycle, heats, cools and boils water for your tea:biglaugh:

(last ones was made up just in case you hang yourself)

Colin

Guest Chandan

we got our first quarterly leccie bill... it was nearly $400... then noticed it was dated a week before we moved in.. they then readjusted it and sent us a new bill nearly $70 cheaper! and took off the connection fee... hmm.. on average we budget for $40 a week for electric and $10 a week for gas and so far have been covered..

be careful as our landlords sneakily put in our contract that we are to pay the quarterly charge for water and have the first 125kl free... which is alot less than the 165kl most people are allowed...

But at least we dont have to pay for a tv licence.. and still get to watch all the BBC programmes!!:biglaugh:....shame about all the ads...