Amazon Kindle E-reader

Cherrypecker

Hi all,

Bit of a bizarre question, but here goes anyway.

Santa is bringing me a Kindle Ebook reader (wi-fi, 3G), so I can download books direct from Amazon, using my UK account with them, as I am still in the UK.

I will be in Adelaide by next July/August (fingers crossed). Will I still be able to access Amazon to buy books? I have researched this online, but am still unsure. I have found that 3G is global and has coverage in SA, but I can't find out if Amazon is over there.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

Paul

i have a uk amazon account but mostly use the amazon.com international site to download my kindle books - there are some books that are on the uk site that are unavailable on the .com one and vice versa but using the manage my kindle link on the site its fairly straight forward to switch between the 2

It's possible that you will need a UK IP address to download books from the .co.uk sites, or an american IP for the .com ones, not sure if this applies to amazon, but definitely does apply to some of the online book sites. If you come across this problem, there are several programs you can download that will redirect you through an appropriate IP address, such that the website on the other end thinks you are in that country.

its fine to download from amazon.com and amazon.co.uk in adelaide - appears to make no check of ip address

i brought mine from .com and it wont allow me to use .co.uk this website specifies for uk customers only and if your country is outside of the uk you can use .com

so if you can use both i would be interested in how to do this as i like to view both websites for books..