Weight gain since being here ...

Guest RichandHelen

Guest RichandHelen

Ill start the ball rolling Ive put on nearly a stone and helen has put on half a stone. If you say you`ve lost weight you are lying !:nah:

Must be the good life or just maybe iced coffee:embarrassed:

someone once told me it was due to moving to the southern hemisphere and when they went back for a uk visit they lost weight... i say it is down to the cheese cake shops...lol

Guest mlissiman

I'm with Jo on this one - I've lost over a stone since being here. Probably as we don't have 2 cars any more so walk more now and also got ourselves a dog that needs walking twice a day.

Being in the transition phase I will not be surprised if I put on 2 stone with all these leaving dinners i'm having!!! Plus we lose our Cooker Friday so will be more takeaways to come! :(

Ah well hopefully with summer in the air and free exercise - hope it does not stick around too long!

That said, we will hope to go to some BBQ get-togethers when we arrive :0/

Guest vixpinkbabe

I'm finding it hard to stay the same too.... got to sweat it out in the gym at least 5 times a week to stay the same size as I was! :( All those Caramello Koalas.... too tempting! x

Since being here, I have actually lost 1.5 stone, I put it down to the fact that there are very few crisps and chocolates that I like!!

I was a big cadburys fan in the UK, and here the chocolate just does not do it for me. I'd rather not eat chocolate that I don't like, kids don't seem to mind so much.

I tend to snack on the salted popcorn, thats quite nice when you feel peckish.

Prema

Guest guest3462
Both put on weight, but wife is prgnant and i am waiting for knee recon, both happened in the last 4 months, so that's our excuse and we sticking to it!!!! Lol. Hopefully in 6 months we will both be able to start to get back down again.

You sure did jinx us eh? Lol hope all is going well xxxx

Being in the transition phase I will not be surprised if I put on 2 stone with all these leaving dinners i'm having!!! Plus we lose our Cooker Friday so will be more takeaways to come! :(

Ah well hopefully with summer in the air and free exercise - hope it does not stick around too long!

That said, we will hope to go to some BBQ get-togethers when we arrive :0/

we are the same.everyone wants to take us out for meals and drinks before we leave!i have to starve myself in between all that just so i fit in my summer clothes when we get there!

Guest Sachertorte

I have gone down 2 dress sizes (14 to 10)- I am not sitting down or driving as much and when I am not running around doing errands I am baking and cooking so on my feet most of the time.

Also my appetite is definitely much less than it used to be- we used to eat from big plain plates which we felt needed filling up and now we have nicer smaller dinner plates that invite smaller portions ;)