Gallah's - golfers

cormcvcr

Hi guys,

My OH asked me to post this to you golfers.

He was wanting to know if it is worth while buying a set of clubs here and shipping them over unused (to save on the cleaning!) - he'll do anything to get out of that horrible word....l.o.l.

Or wait till he gets there and buy a set, what is the cost of a half decent set of clubs in Oz?

Comments eagerly awaited!

:D

Not sure of costs in Oz but may be best to buy here and ship over if you shipping furniture over. At least that way you can get some practice before you go. Another plus for buying here is to start with time spent shopping for clubs will be hindered by less important things like furniture and house buying hahhaha.

Great another mad sole joining us over there. Will have to all invade a course when all there and have a day of mad english golfers.

If thinking of buying there suggest taking a look on the web for adelaide golf shops then you can compare prices.

Oh buy here buy here. You as a loving wife can take them on the plane as your luggage so when he gets over there he won't have to waste time. He can get straight out on the course. ;):biglaugh::biglaugh:

Pete

Guest Guzzler&Sas
Hi guys,

, what is the cost of a half decent set of clubs in Oz?

A half decent set of clubs could be down to the person holding them;), I bought a new set here and found them very reasonable, find a brand and model you, like let me know and I will price them up for you,

Guzzler

Guest Guzzler&Sas
....find a brand and model you, like let me know and I will price them up for you,

Guzzler

good god, any excuse to go drolling over golf clubs ..... next thing, he will be buying and trying them out for you! :arghh:

I am very slowly coming to the conclusion that perhaps us good, loving, supportive wives, should take up this graceful sport too - always fancied parading around in Pringle, Burberry and whatever else does not really match but has a label ....

(please don't take that the wrong way, Guzzler and I are the LEAST label conscious people around!)

Any wives up for that?????

Cheers then

Sas

xxx

As my golf clubs are still in Engkand awaiting shipment when our house finally sells, I have been looking on ebay over here to see what I could get.

I did bid yesterday on a set of John Letters. Full set of Drivers, Irons putter etc in bag. I bid A$280 and lost them to A$285. Having said that I dont want any other golfers chasing any decent set that comes up, otherwise I'll be paying through the nose.

Cant wait to get out on a course, although today the weather is bright sunny and 30degrees up in Murray Bridge, where we are at the moment, and I have been helping friend by painting a new Gazebo. Had to give up by 3pm as toooo hot!!!.

if you don't mind second hand ones and know what you are looking for i'd recommend a carboot!

on our local one at least there are tons of clubs and bags and everything golf related :wacko:

good god, any excuse to go drolling over golf clubs ..... next thing, he will be buying and trying them out for you! :arghh:

I am very slowly coming to the conclusion that perhaps us good, loving, supportive wives, should take up this graceful sport too - always fancied parading around in Pringle, Burberry and whatever else does not really match but has a label ....

(please don't take that the wrong way, Guzzler and I are the LEAST label conscious people around!)

Any wives up for that?????

Cheers then

Sas

xxx

Sas,

Good for you girls, yes take up golf as well, have a ladies section of the Gallahs.:notworthy:

Just let us know when the ladies are teeing off then the blokes can either tee off first to save getting held up:p or either that we will invite Django as he loves hitting golf balls at groups of ladies ( as proved during previous game for the Gallahs!):jimlad:

Good luck with the lessons ladies

Guest graandjac

right stop right now Ian........girls and golf come to your senses man .....stop this madness now.......big lol Cheers graham with his head down for a while......hehe

either that we will invite Django as he loves hitting golf balls at groups of ladies ( as proved during previous game for the Gallahs!)

Well we will keep it like the previous game and you point them out to me first. :biglaugh:

Guest graandjac

Bloody ell iam going to try that one .......new clubs to save cleaning the old ones:idea: going to give it ago , will report back guys and let you know......pmsl :biglaugh:

Cheers Graham

xxx

Like most things, its not the tools.............it how you use them!!!!!!;)

Guest taylor family
Hi guys,

My OH asked me to post this to you golfers.

He was wanting to know if it is worth while buying a set of clubs here and shipping them over unused (to save on the cleaning!) - he'll do anything to get out of that horrible word....l.o.l.

Or wait till he gets there and buy a set, what is the cost of a half decent set of clubs in Oz?

Hi I would bring them just dip the heads in jayes fluid rap them in plastic bags. sets start at about $300 and you can find things better to spend your money on like keeping family happy in the summer hest because cost of living is not that cheap at first till you get to know the shops.

hope that has helped all the best alan taylor woodcroft sa.