What's Crafers like?

Hazel M

Hi - I wasnt really sure where to post this but here we are!

Basically just that.... whats the area like from a family point of view? We were thinking of living in Aldinga / Mclaren Vale area but my OH has always had a bit of a hankering for the the hills and has been looking at Crafers specifically at the mo. Ive never been to or around Crafers so have no clue what its actually like.

Is there much around and about for the children to do? And any info on what the school (Primary) there is like I would love to hear your opinion.

Thanks for any replies :notworthy:

Hazel.

Guest kerfumph

$$$$$ Unless you buy a shed. You would't really use the term 'Aldinga or Crafers'!

The CHEAPEST house on realestate is 425K. Are you sure you don't mean Stirling or Bridgewater? Crafers is on the left side of the freeway, going up.

We lived in Picadilly for a few months when we first arrived. Never ever again!!!!!!

We landed in June and it never stopped raining for 3 months!!!!! House had no heating and we were freezing.

Me and hubby had real trouble with our ears(daft I know)..every time we went up the freeway our ears popped and hurt like hell.

It's a beautiful place..but far too remote for me!

Have a look at Bridgewater too. I love the hills but they do tend to be a little "brrrrr" in the winter and a little "oh sh** can I smell smoke?" in the summer!!

Beautiful and well located, some lovely houses, and have heard only good things about the local schools, plus the ones in the City (Glenunga, Urrbrae, etc) are easily reachable - I wouldn't call the hills remote at all (especially compared to Aldinga!) but doesn't suit everyone.

Everyone has a personal experience and you can't really tell until you get here but if you working up at the women's and children then Aldinga and Maclaren vale might be a big commute. Where as if you heading up the freeway you my be further away but the roads tend to be fastest and easier to get in an out of the city and of course that does mean houses are move expensive.

We have only been here just over 12mths and can't really comment on school reputation as mine are too young.

Stirling is beautiful in the Autumn with all the tree lined streets, I really thought that we would be living towards the hills and never really gave the beach a second thought but now we love it so juts depends on how you feel when you get here!

Good luck and HTH

Michelle

:goofy: It's 5 mins from the toll gate,20 from the CBD

Maybe..but houses are so sprawled out. The kids needed to be transported everywhere.

We visited 3 schools...the principals of 2 of them recommended we did not place our children at their school,as, according to them, we would be viewed as outsiders and our children would struggle socially!

We were very lucky and got them in a school with a good reputation with excellent NAPLAN results. My eldest loved it. However my youngest..who I thought was an average year one (I've been a year one teacher for nearly 20 years in the uk) was deemed as special needs!!! The kids made fun of him and told him to bog off back to the uk..he was distraught!!! Year ones were reading at level 30 plus and were spelling words like sympathetic etc...way beyond the level I would expect!

We loved Stirling..such a lovely townie feeling..but for us it was too much in the middle of nowhere.

We live in Stirling, no kids so can't speak about schools (sorry), but yes been here nearly 2 years & its always a few degrees cooler & it rains, then it drizzles then it rains again. Summer can be scary when you hear the sirens from the CFS causes sometimes you just know you can smell something.

The main street is good & Stirling hotel is the place to be along with a few good cafes but they only open Wed to Saturday.

All in all we enjoy living here it takes 20 mins to get to work in the morning we both work in CBD, but you do get sick of the rain, but you take the good with the not so good & to us the good out weighs them all.