Tinted Windows?

Lazy Cow

Can't remember the name of the company (Sun Solar?) but they are on Main North Road just above the Scottish Piper on the right hand side, opposite Pet Stock before Godfreys (next to a Nissan garage). We have used them and have had no problems - you get a 20 year warranty (car must stay in your ownership). Worth the trip.

I had them done on a Ford Territory at Tint A Car in Gawler, although they are all over SA, and its faultless. I also had them done on another car via the Ford dealer and its just OK - it makes the glass a bit odd, almost smoky. I'd recommend Tint A Car with out a doubt. I had Midnight Express or Midnight Something. Its cheaper to get it done in winter rather than summer.

Guest The Steeles In Adelaide

Hi i am a mechanic/engineer and we have used various tinting companies and all are pretty good, most with some kind of warrenty. the reason some people have had difficulty with tint shades lifting , distorting and tearing is down to a multiple reasons, ie the temp on the day it is fitted, the time it is left to adhere correctly and the places you park on hot days, the quality of the tint film being purchased, and even the fluid used to fit this as it is floated and squeegied out, alcohol and solvent liquids can damage the films and certain types of soap solutions can leave residues, most companies should use a window type cleaning fluid(screen Wash)which should evaporate quickly and leave no residue. you should get some good advice from the fitter as long as they have been correctly trained. once the films are fitted winding down the windows should be avoided for the first 36hrs and also keep out of direct sunlight to as this can create premature shrinking before it has adhered correctly and causes a distorted look or ripple effect!. hope this helps

Dave

Oh my goodness Dave! Totally :notworthy:

What an awesome amount of info! Armed with that plus the other posts we should be able to get a good result. The application doesn't necessarily seem to be the problem, it's how it weathers etc after so now we'll know how to get the best result long term. After all, it's a fair bit to spend!

Thank you all so much.

Lc