What do you miss?

Guest Libby1971

Guest Libby1971

Okay then ladies and gentlemen, time for honesty...

Apart from the obvious family and friends, decent winter heating and drivers who have no sense whatsoever, what do you miss from the UK?

No more than 3...

1. Colmans Tuna and Pasta Bake Sauce Mix

2. Walkers Crisps (Marmite, mmmmmmm!)

3. Viennese Truffles from Thorntons

Only thing I can think of at the mo is good, cheaper, tastier fruit and veg! As I actually prefer the cakes and 'lollys' here and as I've gone up two sizes since being here:arghh:so does my OH:biglaugh:

Guest sarahsmartiepants

I only miss (other than friends and family) my radiators and Primark! Sometimes Asda.

Rain, wind, expensive petrol, grey sky, grumpy unsmiling faces, the miserable women in sainsbury garage, looking for a parking space, I could go on:goofy:

sarah

Guest Rob and Clare

It's funny but even when things are better here it's still possible to miss what your used too, for me sometimes i get a hankering for a pre-made Sos and Egg sandwich from (Marks, Tesco, Asda,etc...) yet all the fresh sandwiches here are heaps better.

But our top 3..

Next or Marks and Spencers

Sainsbury Microwave Curry's or Donner Kebab Pizza's from the Lichfield Pizza House.

reading the daily tabloids (sun mirror mail etc..) I know you can read them on line but it's not the same.

I know that's essentially 5.... But we couldn't choose between some.

Guest sarahsmartiepants
I definately miss

1. NEXT :sad:

2. Walkers Cheese & Onion Crisps

3. Marks & Spencers

Sarah

have you not tried smiths cheese and onion? they are HEAPS better than walkers c+o. I never thought there could be any better but they are!:cute:

Guest Guzzler&Sas
Only thing I can think of at the mo is good, cheaper, tastier fruit and veg! :biglaugh:

I can't believe you don't find the fruit & veg tastier here, where do you buy yours from usually ?

Guzzler

Have tried them in the supermarkets and the fruit and veg shops (the city ie the market, Glenelg, Marion, Unley, and Collanades) and they definately are not the same albeit the ones I used to buy in UK were from Spain or Holland and then when we lived in Spain they were local to there - but I sooo miss the fantastic taste of vine tomatoes etc - if you know where they are tasty let me know but have tried all the above places and still the same - that said though the cakes are to die for here! Just not as healthy

Guest thecartwrights
have you not tried smiths cheese and onion? they are HEAPS better than walkers c+o. I never thought there could be any better but they are!:cute:

Hi Sarah - now that sounds promising - will have to try them and report back :D

Thanks

Guest andy&jill
only thing so far is muller light yoghurts :o

Lisa:wubclub:

Sorry Lisa, im not actually there yet but one I WONT miss is muller yogurts, my brother-in-law works in the muller factory in market drayton, and he brings them round by the car boot load full all varieties, i used to love them, we have a fridge just for yogs :confused:

If you were our neighbour i would be flinging the contents of my yogurt fridge your way ;)

Andy

Guest salisbury massive

After just returning from the Uk after 2 weeks of mayhem, I can honestly say I miss nothing.

Sarah, Next was soooo disappointing, I had £100 of vouchers from my birthday and struggled to find anything, tho the kids clothes were great. We spent £40 in Asda the day after we arrived on crisps, chocolate etc etc and when I looked at it in the bags, which I'd forgotten I had to pack myself;) and I thought $100 for this lot, not value for money. I had forgotten what good value Primark was but apart from that. Even the bacon and sausages were a let down. The bacon when cooked produced all this horrible white froth - whats that all about. I even found it difficult being around friends and family, though it was lovely to see them, I've definately become a different person to the girl who left 2 1/2 years ago.

Happy to be back - most definately.

Jo

Washing powder that smells nice like Persil and fabric conditioner like Lenor, how wierd is that although I am very excited to have a room just for laundry, maybe I'm a little obsessed on this one!!!

Richard misses a decent ready made sandwich like Pret a Manger but apart from that nothing else. What can you miss when its 35 C and the kids are in the pool?:D

Guest deb and stoo

Yo dudes

Having a long hard think here but suppose number one is having a job (not cut out to be a house husband)

Deb missing Walkers smokey bacon crisps and I Hellmans mayo, apart from the family and friends not a lot really but there again we've only been here 2 months.

:chatterbox:

Guest heaterwoo

You can get a restricted selection of Thorntons goodies at David Jones - you might be in luck with the Viennese truffles. As for me :-

M & S

A Bradford Curry

Dry Stone Walls

Yo dudes

Having a long hard think here but suppose number one is having a job (not cut out to be a house husband)

Deb missing Walkers smokey bacon crisps and I Hellmans mayo, apart from the family and friends not a lot really but there again we've only been here 2 months.

:chatterbox:

HELMANS YOU CAN GET IN COLES AND WALKERS CRISPS IN GLENELG

I MISS NOTHING

Guest deb and stoo

Yo dudes

Ta for that, will have to make a trip down then, maybe buy Deb a box for Chrimbo :biglaugh:

Hope the hangovers better Chris:wideeyed:(do you know what the best thing for a hangover is?)

(20 pints the night before :))

Guest salisbury massive

[Deb missing Walkers smokey bacon crisps and I Hellmans mayo,

You can get Hellmans in most Coles Supermarkets and in the deli at Elizabeth Shopping Centre

Jo

Guest Aussiebound

No NEXT :sad: Is there nothing like it over there -

I love Next and Primark - although Neil would be quite happy if there is nothing along the similar lines over there!!!!

Sarah