Locust's getting near

Guest kangomik

Guest kangomik

A few people may have been in the barrossa or around Gawler at the weekend and noticed the locust population.

I was in Nuriootpa today and there are loads of them, they are now close to the playford blakeview area north of Elizabeth, don't know if they will be travelling further south but be prepared to clean the car if the do:nah:

Just a quick tip, if they do come south, remember to put some meshing over your grill. We drove through the swarms on way down and way back from Melbourne couple weeks ago, and the cover over the grill we FORGOT to put on meant we had the lovely aroma of cooking locusts on the drive home. Nearly every car we passed had the cover over the grill.

I found one in the garden , phoned the locust hotline but was told 'they arent laying eggs at the moment' hmm does that stop them from eating everything in sight????

No doesn't stop them eating, but I think that the pest control works on the basis of reducing numbers of eggs/stopping them hatch, so that's the life-stage they're interested in, once they're full adults, there's not much they can do.

Guest kangomik

Tina they look like big grasshoppers.

I washed some off the ute at bunnings, if you nip down they will still be on the floor, if you had said earlier i could have brought some round on the way home.