absolutely devastated!!!!!

Guest Tterrier81

Guest Tterrier81

words cant describe how gutted i feel right now!!!!

about an hour ago i planned to go to bed so i thought i'll prep the turkey for tomorrow, give myself a head start, well got it out of the packaging and the thing was off!!!

bought from a certain supermarket in a certain shopping plaza from there fresh section on thursday and it had a use by date of the 27th, the thing stinks, and me n the mrs have spent the last hour driving round servo's to see if they had anything, just a frozen chicken would have done, but nothing:sad:

the mrs is in tears and i just feel horrible, feel like christmas is ruined.

the only upside is i work in a local pub and im gonna call them first thing and hope they can spare something

Guest Tterrier81

thaks guys, christmas dinner was saved thanks to the good folk at hallett cove tavern who spared me some turkey (i know ur not supposed to put names of business's up here but they deserve the shout out)

hope u all have a lovely day xx

Guest Tterrier81
So glad that the christmas spirit prevailed! Enjoy your christmas lunch and make sure you go back into the offending supermarket on Monday and give them what for! (You should take the by-then rotting turkey in with you - bet they'd soon give you a refund!!)

oh dont u worry, i will be coming out with more than just a refund

Guest Tterrier81
when i read the title of the thread i thought oh no something terrible had happened in a family, but it turns out it was a just turkey that was off.

stevo

yeah cheers steve, bloody ell mate, its christmas, cant u find anything nice to say......

Guest Tterrier81
my idea of devastated, especially at xmas is, a loved one in hospital or even worse things..i mean its only a turkey thats all, not being nasty

stevo

good for u, well my idea of devastated is seeing someone i love cryin there eyes out and me not being able to do anything about it.

also do u think i would be writing it on here if one of my family members or loved ones were in hospital????

merry f!@#$%g christmas:sad:

Oh for goodness sake. Sometimes it is better to be tactful and keep your opinions to yourself. For some people trying to settle here away from their friends and families something like discovering the turkey to be off can just be the icing on the cake, especially at this time of year. Posts like these just cause unnecessary friction and for those who will call upon the free speech of forums argument, with freedom comes responsibility. The OP was from someone obviously upset, fairly new here and needing support. You have absolutely no idea what other things have built up, occurred preceding the turkey incident so your flippant comments were not justified.

Was listening to the BBC World Service today and some guy has invented a "tone checker" - similar to a spellchecker, but it checks the tone of anything you post online, or put in an email, as it is very easy for a joking comment to come across in completely the wrong way!

Give the guy a rest Stevo, Christmas is a stressful time of year in so many ways, specially for expats, and I'm sure you didn't mean anything offensive, but watch your step or we'll forcibly install a tone-checker on your PC (and I expect TTerrier81 will be forcibly inserting his rotten turkey somewhere far less pleasant!)

Dan - let it flow over you, mate; personally I can see exactly where you're coming from, and would have found such an event happening to me and mine on Christmas Eve equally devastating!

Guest kangomik
my idea of devastated, especially at xmas is, a loved one in hospital or even worse things..i mean its only a turkey thats all, not being nasty

stevo

With you all the way.

Christ if you crumble at this what happens when the gas bill his higher than expected.

I mean, would you really share this with Cyber world?:goofy:

To some people the smallest of things can have the biggest reaction......if its your first Christmas over here and your logning for some normality then this thing can be very upsetting.

To some people the worst thing in the world can seem like nothing...i have nothing but praise for the kind folk on here who offered help and even food.

Sometimes it may be better not to post than post crappy remarks....

HG

Funny.. I thought today was a day of goodwill to all men!!!!!!

Must have been mistaken.

Glad you got your turkey and it turned out well for you xxxx

Yes we do need to put things in perspective..but there is a time and place for everything and today was just not the day to be mean spirited!!!!

Guest moonraker1959

Are you sure its the shops fault?Just looking at all scenario's here ok so I'm not having a go!If you buy meat,particularly in the warmer months,taking it from a chill section,which should be less than 8c,to a hot car which could be very very hot,driving home ect,did you place it in the fridge straight away?It only takes a small fluctuation in temperature for bacteria to start multiplying.I'm definately not implying its your own fault,but you do have to be extremely careful with meat,dairy ect.Really nice the pub helped you out mate and I hope you ended up enjoying Xmas!All the best!

the mrs is in tears and i just feel horrible, feel like christmas is ruined.

I can dig where your at man, everyones straw and everyones camel is different.

Me, my mum was taken into the RUH hospital in Bath xmas eve and I spent xmas "Dinner" visiting her in the ward.

By the time I got home I couldnt face it.

So in some respects we are the same, i.e both our dinners went in the bin.

Fingers crossed next xmas is better for us both.

Guest Guest75
I can dig where your at man, everyones straw and everyones camel is different.

Me, my mum was taken into the RUH hospital in Bath xmas eve and I spent xmas "Dinner" visiting her in the ward.

By the time I got home I couldnt face it.

So in some respects we are the same, i.e both our dinners went in the bin.

Fingers crossed next xmas is better for us both.

Mate!!! I hope all is well now??????

Guest Tterrier81
Are you sure its the shops fault?Just looking at all scenario's here ok so I'm not having a go!If you buy meat,particularly in the warmer months,taking it from a chill section,which should be less than 8c,to a hot car which could be very very hot,driving home ect,did you place it in the fridge straight away?It only takes a small fluctuation in temperature for bacteria to start multiplying.I'm definately not implying its your own fault,but you do have to be extremely careful with meat,dairy ect.Really nice the pub helped you out mate and I hope you ended up enjoying Xmas!All the best!

i can guarantee that from chiller section in supermarket to my fridge was no more than 15 mins, and it was in a chill bag for the journey, so im pretty sure its the shops fault

Guest Guest5035
23 posts on a dodgy turkey!

make this no 24 and my final cotribution to this thread

that was my point in a earlier post, it sounded like it was the end of the world, i wonder how people who have loved ones,ie children dying in hospital at chrissy time with a terminal medical condition would see this post. FFS it was a turkey

stevo