Ashes part 5

Guest tooeasy

Guest tooeasy

Thought I would start this one :D

Just heard ponting's been dropped I think the aussies will win this one heard an interview from the england coaches saying there are a few players that have gone missing me thinks they will turn up at sydney drunk :biglaugh::biglaugh:

So the aussies should win this one

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I would start this one :D

Just heard ponting's been dropped I think the aussies will win this one heard an interview from the england coaches saying there are a few players that have gone missing me thinks they will turn up at sydney drunk :biglaugh::biglaugh:

So the aussies should win this one

It's reported his finger further damaged

BBC Sport - Cricket - Ashes: Aussie captain Ricky Ponting out of Sydney Test

Think he would have been dropped anyway.

If it rains, they may call for Ricky Pontoon :biglaugh:

Cooler

Guest tooeasy
Interesting if Australia do win this one.....least we could say well we didnt technically lose the Ashes series....

But i wnt be holding my breath

HG

Its not the series that matters tho its the ashes :D

Guest tooeasy

if you put the worst australian cricket captain in google images you get pictures of ricky ponting :biglaugh::biglaugh:

he will be forever remembered as the australian captain that lost the ashes 3 times what a legacy :biglaugh::biglaugh:

if you put the worst australian cricket captain in google images you get pictures of ricky ponting :biglaugh::biglaugh:

he will be forever remembered as the australian captain that lost the ashes 3 times what a legacy

Could be worse....could be the best England football team never to win the world cup for 44 years.....:biglaugh::biglaugh:

HG

Guest tooeasy
Could be worse....could be the best England football team never to win the world cup for 44 years.....:biglaugh::biglaugh:

HG

thought this thread was about cricket stay on topic :biglaugh:

what have the socceroos ever won :biglaugh:

he will be forever remembered as the australian captain that lost the ashes 3 times what a legacy :biglaugh::biglaugh:

I hope that is not the one that endures. He is one of the greatest batsmen of his generation and in history. Doesn't deserve the failure to be his defining memory to the masses. Some may not like him as a cricketer, captain or person, but the stats speak for themselves.

Cricket Australia need to look deep and not just let people and the press lay the blame on Ponting's shoulders. Australia were great for so long because they were lucky enough to have a group of men who happened to be some of the finest cricketers of their generation (or any other). They are feeling the loss and needing to bring in younger players. It takes time to build a team. The English know this better than anyone having had so many national teams lose year after year before finally hitting their stride and winning. The teams didn't happen overnight and they didn't last long after if you think about football and rugby union. How quickly we fell and had to start that long climb back up.

he will be forever remembered as the australian captain that lost the ashes 3 times

To be fair he as only lost them twice (both occassions on English pitches). When he did win them back it was a lot more of an impressive win than I can recall of any England side. That said I'm gutted he won't be at Sydney as I reckon in this series he is one of Englands best players. :biglaugh:

I hope its a tighter game and goes the distance. How exciting would it be going into the last session where either team could win?:jiggy: On the other hand lets hope that England wrap it up in 3 days and I can really pay it out at work :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest Guest5035
, but the stats speak for themselves. .

Exactly, all his great things outweigh the losses, hope he wins the world cup for a 4th straight time, in a row, then he'll retire the captaincy with a smile

Stevo

Guest tooeasy
Exactly, all his great things outweigh the losses, hope he wins the world cup for a 4th straight time, in a row, then he'll retire the captaincy with a smile

Stevo

Yes he was a great batsman but a great captain no he inherited a team from one of the greatest Australian captains Steve Waugh the team virtually picked itself we only saw the real Ricky ponting as a captain when he tried to change the team I’m afraid he will be remembered for loosing the ashes 3 times as well as being a great batsman

Guest tooeasy

that doesnt alter the fact that he inherited a great team that picked itself and it all started to go wrong when that team broke up the test of the man was then and he failed

Guest Guest5035
that doesnt alter the fact that he inherited a great team that picked himself and it all started to go wrong when that team broke up the test of the man was then and he failed

what the...:huh::huh:

stevo

Guest tooeasy

this next test the pressure is all on the aussies if england trounce them again the all well if they loose then we have already won the ashes again win win situation for england :D:D

Must admit I missed bantering with your guys during the MCG test - but what a pleasure to listen to on the radio on our drive down to Robe! And what a brilliant result - well done to the whole England team.

The Barmy Army as well were fantastic - a total credit and so nice that the players recognise that and thanked them with a rendition of The Sprinkler! True sportsmen - players and fans alike. If anyone would like an email address to send Swanny their congratulations, let me know ;)

My feelings about Ponting remain the same - he is an ungracious loser, has hairy arms and can't chew with his mouth shut! But.... someone needs to tell him that "it's not all about him" - the whole team underperformed and were outplayed by a better side. At least England when they lose (and no-one's denying they've had a lot of practice) are gracious, and give credit to the better team - Australian sports teams unfortunately tend to be arrogant in victory, and bitter in defeat - something that sets a really bad example, and makes it easier for those of us with divided loyalties to support the other side.

I really hope England go on to seal their victory with a win at Sydney now, just because they deserve it for how they have supported each other (loved Swann's comment about his mate Bresnan "it was a lot of pressure for him coming on at the MCG, but he's thick as two short planks so didn't realise it!"), and the Barmy Army deserve it for showing the aussies how fans should support their team, come hell or high water! (Oh sorry, they've done the Queensland game haven't they?!)

Now all the aussies need to do is get some better chants from the terraces and get rid of that ubiquitous "Ozzy, ozzy, ozzy, oy, oy, oy" (Oh how I hate that....) and their team might be inspired to dig a little deeper this time...

The Urn is still going home though.....

Diane

xx