Damo the JINX!!!

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

I remembered Damo saying he had not caught a Snapper the other day.

So as I was going out today - to a guaranteed,certified,you beaut spot my mate pulled a 28lber from the day before.

Thought I'd ask Damo as he is going out to the wilds of Mt Gambier.

Sure fire day,get on the Snaps,no worries........................ NOT!:eek:

Perfect weather , a few boats there already ,best bait (phew it stunk!).

One boat pulled up to the side and up they pull a nice 15/20lb Snapper - turns out it is the guy's first one. Did the right thing ,congratulated him and gave him a round of applause.

They move away and then another boat pulls up. Oh did I mention we were not getting ANY bites

This next boat sees a big fish coming in - on a very light rod - I reckon it was a 20lber.

The bloke is ecstatic, takes photos,looks at us for the expected applause ( which he gets), holds huge fish up, calls all his mates and cannot stop grinning.

I'm fine............. ish.

Watched a boat collide with another one ,everyone OK fortunately.

We kept pulling in Slimy Mackerel which were soon converted into bait or Berley.

Did I mention we were not getting ANY bites??:arghh:

The bloke next to us then pulls up another biggie fish,

Now I think everyone should have their fair share but I'm ready to start gnawing on the side of the boat.

I decide to move to the other side of this winning streak patch .....guess what??

Nearly 5 hours out there doing everything right and not a sausage or a Snapper.

I've replayed this in my mind and cannot believe it.

The other boats were not in our berley trail.

So I can only think "Someone" is a Jinx!!!

Grr!!!

Had a good day out really,good weather ,good company.

Guest Guest75
Any bananas on board?

HG

Going to have to search people from now on - and check GPS turned off on their phones!!! :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Never mind, Mrs Tyke's turn on Thursday, she has never caught a Snapper either.

Guest Damien

No more invitations for me then :sad:. Like I told you yesterday I reckon you've been superimposing your head onto other peoples catches :biglaugh:. Photoshop's No.1 customer!

I think if we were still out there now we'd still not have caught. That's fishing for you. Good day out though.

Guest Damien

I went into Angler's Choice today and spoke to Scott. He had the same result as us and stayed out until 1130pm! He reckons he burleyed 60 slimies, 4 burley blocks and still no bites and put it down to the men in grey suits scaring all the snaps away. So we'll be waiting for his mates photos a while yet, cocky git :biglaugh:

Guest Guest75

I'm more of a Melon man myself.

I'll be trying harder than ever tomorrow for the snaps.

I've a couple of less well known spots up my sleeve. Just hope Mrs Tyke can stand the longer journey:cute: