England-Australia 20/20 cricket Adelaide

Diane

Wow! That was a blinder! Talk about leaving it to the last minute!

Channel 9 roundup of highlights at the end though soooo biased! Show all the England wickets falling, and then with the last shot of the montage, deign to show the winning shot!

Who cares though, another win for the boys!!

(Don't actually like 20-20 all that much, but this was a close one)

Diane

Guest Tterrier81
Wow! That was a blinder! Talk about leaving it to the last minute!

Channel 9 roundup of highlights at the end though soooo biased! Show all the England wickets falling, and then with the last shot of the montage, deign to show the winning shot!

Who cares though, another win for the boys!!

(Don't actually like 20-20 all that much, but this was a close one)

Diane

it was true heart in the mouth stuff, neighbors must have thought we were mad screaming like we did, its about time the aussies gave us a fight:biglaugh:

Yeh it was so close, I really thought they'd got it too, specially when Swanny was bowled. It's a bit like "Cricket Lite" I guess - for those with short attention spans :biglaugh: - but it's good to see a few new faces amongst the old (and in Brett Lee's case, an old face amongst the young!!) Liked the look of Woakes too (although he looks soooo young - I must be getting old too!) David Hussey who was miked up to chat with Channel 9 during the match (that's wierd though, don't you think? Let the guy concentrate on what he's doing ffs!) came across as a nice guy too.

Must be quite difficult for batsmen to alter their game from Twenty20 to test, as so much of test cricket is choosing which balls to leave, and in this version, leaving any ball is not good!

Guest sarahsmartiepants

I went last night, first time to cricket and the oval, what a beautiful place! The atmosphere was great! I might even go to the Ashes next time!! (but I must remember the binoculars):biglaugh:

It was so good each group of supporters cheering. Just a shame the ozzies cant come up with a more imaginative song! They only have 1, "ozzie ozzie ozzie".:biglaugh:

Guest lastboyscout
I went last night, first time to cricket and the oval, what a beautiful place! The atmosphere was great! I might even go to the Ashes next time!! (but I must remember the binoculars):biglaugh:

It was so good each group of supporters cheering. Just a shame the ozzies cant come up with a more imaginative song! They only have 1, "ozzie ozzie ozzie".:biglaugh:

Binoculars????? You don`t need them to see the bar :biglaugh:

Agree with Diane about Channel 9 coverage, they are that `one eyed` its scary ;)

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Agree with Diane about Channel 9 coverage, they are that `one eyed` its scary ;)

No, the binoculars is see the players close up! tried through camera but it was not quite a good enough view for the players further over! :biglaugh:

Why wouldnt Channel 9 be pro Aussie and biased towards their HOME team. It is Australia after all. I remember watching Sky Sports when England were playing in the world T20 cup and it was exactly the same.

Anyway, for what it's worth i thought it was a great game, and very well supported, with a great atmosphere. Love the T20 cricket and love to take son (he's a bit young and gets bored too easily for the 50 over and test matches).

No, the binoculars is see the players close up! tried through camera but it was not quite a good enough view for the players further over! :biglaugh:

Did you get one of those little earpiece thingies to hear the radio commentary during the match? I know they did them at the Ashes match there, just wondered if they do them for the shorter versions too. I'm very jealous of all you guys that were there - looked fantastic on the TV pics and all the commentators - radio and TV - were raving about how lovely it is there. One of the best adverts for Adelaide there is, the cricket!

By the way, if you haven't been to the Rugby 7's there before, that's a fantastic atmosphere too - coming up April time.

Guest lastboyscout
Why wouldnt Channel 9 be pro Aussie and biased towards their HOME team. It is Australia after all. I remember watching Sky Sports when England were playing in the world T20 cup and it was exactly the same.

Anyway, for what it's worth i thought it was a great game, and very well supported, with a great atmosphere. Love the T20 cricket and love to take son (he's a bit young and gets bored too easily for the 50 over and test matches).

I never said they shouldn`t be biased, just agreeing with Diane :P:biglaugh:

Even the Ashes highlights show never really portrayed how well England did play, and the tables they were showing with the highest batters in the series , they only went on about how high the averages were for the Aussies.................. but failed to mention that the majority of the Pom batsmen had only batted once in the tests :biglaugh:

If that isn`t `one eyed` then what is???;)

I never said they shouldn`t be biased, just agreeing with Diane :P:biglaugh:

Even the Ashes highlights show never really portrayed how well England did play, and the tables they were showing with the highest batters in the series , they only went on about how high the averages were for the Aussies.................. but failed to mention that the majority of the Pom batsmen had only batted once in the tests :biglaugh:

If that isn`t `one eyed` then what is???;)

Ok, point taken and apologies. Yes Australia have been poor, but thats only because England have been excellent. Australia only been as good as England let them.

As for the "new" Adelaide oval, fantastic, with over 32000 fans there for a T20 game is exceptional.

Guest sarahsmartiepants
Did you get one of those little earpiece thingies to hear the radio commentary during the match? I know they did them at the Ashes match there, just wondered if they do them for the shorter versions too. I'm very jealous of all you guys that were there - looked fantastic on the TV pics and all the commentators - radio and TV - were raving about how lovely it is there. One of the best adverts for Adelaide there is, the cricket!

By the way, if you haven't been to the Rugby 7's there before, that's a fantastic atmosphere too - coming up April time.

yes they had the little radio things, the oval is lovely, hope they dont do too much to improve it!

haha...yeah a different song would be good!!! We had a great time...nail biting stuff at the end.....:biglaugh:

One thing though....and i noticed it at the test match...i do wish the aussie's would stop the booing.....it really is uncalled for.....

Also heard some racist abuse last night as well directed at a couple of our players.....:sad:

Guest sarahsmartiepants

actually Lorraine i have been informed, by my ozzie supporting pommy mate, they do have another, very imaginative song "come on ozzie come on come on "! :biglaugh:

Where were you sat?? We were with friends in the family area, I thought the atmosphere was good, in fact I have not seen so many people in one place for a very long time!!

The atmosphere was rubbish IMO - as in quiet!!

That's coz the barmy army weren't there! Did hear a bit of The Addams Family playing though and wondered if it was an aussie who didn't realise when Billy played it for the Army, they were taking the mick out of Johnson!!