18hr stopin Singapore

TheHarrisonFamily

We depart for Adelaide 26.1.11. We have got an 18hr stop over in Singapore. We have got a 6 hr slot in the transit hotel to get some zzzzzzzzzzzzs. Then we have got 12 hrs to fill from about 1pm til midnight.

Any ideas on what we can do? Can we go into Singapore or do we have to stay in the hotel? Also can we book in our hand luggage at the hotel( we will have quite alot with us- loads of paperwork we cant afford to loose),as we dont want to carry it all round.

Any suggestions would be great.Kids ages vary 19,16, 8yrs so a bit varied.

many thanks :notworthy::notworthy:

Donna

Guest The Dimmocks

We stayed in Singapore 24 hours and had booked into a hotel outside airport. We left the luggage we didnt need in the left luggage department at the airport, pay a small fee and this little man (who took ages to write the slip) takes it away into back room. Cant remember what level it on but was pretty easy to find and was all there when we got back.

We visited Underwater World while we were there was a great day out,.

I don't think you'll be bored. When we were there I decided if I could get a job there I would quite happily live in the airport.:biglaugh:

There are three terminals all linked by the 'sky train'. You will have the choice between cinema, shops swimming pool, internet access and shops. Resturants, gym, playgrounds for kids, oh and did I mention they have a few shops?

If you use the pool while you still have your hotel key you will be able to use it for free.

I loved it there and was kinda disapointed when we had to catch our second flight. :biglaugh:

Guest The Dimmocks
I don't think you'll be bored. When we were there I decided if I could get a job there I would quite happily live in the airport.:biglaugh:

There are three terminals all linked by the 'sky train'. You will have the choice between cinema, shops swimming pool, internet access and shops. Resturants, gym, playgrounds for kids, oh and did I mention they have a few shops?

If you use the pool while you still have your hotel key you will be able to use it for free.

I loved it there and was kinda disapointed when we had to catch our second flight. :biglaugh:

I will hopefully have a few hours to use when I return to UK in November so good to hear there lots of stuff to do around airport as we just walked straight out when we arrived.

Terminal 1 has the hotel & swimming pool. You can use it even if not staying at the hotle - you pay a fee ( think it's something like $20 ) and you get a locker key & towels. You then get a free soft drink afterwards ! There's also an internal butterfly farm area - but can't remember exactly where that is !

Guest Guest5035
There's also an internal butterfly farm area - but can't remember exactly where that is !

outside the transit hotel terminal 3, just round the corner from that is a cheapo supemarket, more or less next to the free 24/7 cinema

stevo

Guest kangomik

You can go for a tour of the city, see one of the help desk's

We spent the afternoon evening in there as it was raining really hard so we left the city early, you will not get bored, just investigate different area's in the terminals. or book extra hours in the room if the sleep catches up with you.

It is a wonderful airport, no worries in there.

If in doubt ask someone, saves heaps of time.

Guest guest3462

Make sure you all have at least 6 months left on your passport though as you won't be able to leave the airport with any less. Our little girl had 5 mths and 2 weeks on hers and they wouldn't allow us to join to tours. Also I hear there is a good trip to singapore zoo which we would have loved to have done.

You are beginning your new life to australia on Australia day so make sure you drink a toast to that on the plane!!! Happy travels and welcome to the aussie club!

Guest Tterrier81

we did the free city tour, i think u take your passport or boarding pass to a desk and they book u on an air conditioned coach, u go round the city and get a free boat ride on the river, this was 7 years ago though, i hope they still do it, i spent most of my time in the carlsberg bar, also they have a cactus garden on the roof that has a bar, probably the best airport i have ever been

You can head into the city and do whatever or hang out at the airport. It has pretty much everything and as most flights go via the terminal with all the stuff, you should be fine.

Its the only airport we stop over at en route to Oz whenever we are flying between UK and Oz. Won't go any other route as the facilities just don't stack up to Changi.