Moto GP 2011

chrisfen46

As a family were all bike race fans ,we already have are tickets for silverstone ,hopefully Rossi will be there this year .Maybe sometime soon we will get to watch at philip island,if are visa works out.

I will be very surprized if Rossi is world champion this year ,to many good yamaha and honda riders .

we would like to go to siverstone love to take the boys,got my wife into the bike racing aswell, we will go see the super bikes at oulton park this year as its only 20 min from us. I would love rossi take the championship but like you say honda got a really stong team now, and lorenzo all though not one of my favs he is a good racer.

we would like to go to siverstone love to take the boys,got my wife into the bike racing aswell, we will go see the super bikes at oulton park this year as its only 20 min from us. I would love rossi take the championship but like you say honda got a really stong team now, and lorenzo all though not one of my favs he is a good racer.

I realy like oulton park and most of the uk tracks ,we watch a fair bit of racing ,we went to donington in 09 for the classic bike and scooter racing :biglaugh:.Last year we did a few days at the TT and quite a few super bike races as well.

Is there any road racing in SA,ive found a few web sites ,but everything seemed to be canceled last year.

Guest motlyman

We have been to Brands Hatch, Silverstone and Donington to see British Superbikes, Moto GP and world Superbikes.

Have to be happy with watching it on Fox sports here but, one day we WILL go to Phillip island:skeptical:

There is a good coverage on tv but not the same as being there.

Here in Adelaide there is a round of the Australian superbikes at a track called Malala (not sure of the spelling). Its north of Adelaide. Will get there one day too!

Colin

Guest Grahame68

I am more into the 4 wheel stuff so am looking forward to seeing the V8 supercars in March in Adelaide. As for bike stuff I do a bit of marshalling up at Mallala and they do have a few bike meetings.

http://www.mallala.com/321go/calendar.html

I also miss the UK circuits. Had a bit of a racing binge before we flew out. I think I did about 6 circuits in as many weeks before the big move.

Is anyone else going to the V8's. Would be good to meet up with any other petrolheads for a few beers there:-)

Guest Guest5035
Hi ther any Moto GP Fans on here. If ther is i know for sure i cant wait till the season starts. I am a big Rossi Fan and looking foward to see how gets on with the Ducati. But i think Stoner will be hard to catch on the Honda, its going to be an intersting and exciting season ..

stoner lives up the road from here when in adelaide

stevo

I am more into the 4 wheel stuff so am looking forward to seeing the V8 supercars in March in Adelaide. As for bike stuff I do a bit of marshalling up at Mallala and they do have a few bike meetings.

http://www.mallala.com/321go/calendar.html

I also miss the UK circuits. Had a bit of a racing binge before we flew out. I think I did about 6 circuits in as many weeks before the big move.

Is anyone else going to the V8's. Would be good to meet up with any other petrolheads for a few beers there:-)

Hi Grahame68...Hopefully I'll be watching the "Thunder from Downunder" here in Abu Dhabi next weekend when the V8s are in town...and with any luck be home for the Clipsal... PM if I am..(small world we are @ Mawsons too)

Rgs 246.

Guest Grahame68

Very good. Shall be watching it on the box. Would love to take the trip to UAE to see them. Have a mate in Dubai and am trying to convince him to take a trip up to Abu Dhabi to see them. Yes drop me a PM. Would be great to meet up. I am going for all for all 4 days. Will be going on my own as we have 2 small boys who I don't think would last to long with the noise and all the walking around.

Guest kangomik

It's about this time of year you may catch a glimpse of stoner in TTP, or at one of the go kart tracks in the area

I am hoping this years Moto Gp will be the best ever, the riders all have good bikes and teams, well Rossi could be on a hiding with the bucking bronco (the family will shoot me for saying that)

Phillip Island host's Superbikes early in the year and of course GP towards the end, not been yet but have been offered to go with some work mates, but it's a long ride.

Best track for me in the UK. TT, has everything.

If you bring a bike, or get one when here in Adelaide there are some stunning roads in the hills, Theres loads of radar revenue raisers too!

Biggest pain in the backside used to be staying up late to watch the moto gp, but thankfully one HD have that sorted now and we don't have to stay up too late.

Trying to get to the V'8's this year, hoping the track day at Mallala a few days before hand will give me the kick in the ass. The V8 drivers are good fun I nearly killed one at the Raceway course last year on a VW day, but thats another story.

Your right we love the tt and were only half an hour from the ferry ,so weve been a few times .

I don't have a bike anymore but I do have two scooters, a 1959 lambretta and a 2000 vespa ,hopeing to bring them if everythnig go's ok ,as there part of the family and a I can't part with all my toys.

Am I right in thinking ,you will have something along the lines of sky plus to tape the racing ? ,I know its not the same but its better than nothing.

benn on youtube and some good footage of some biker in adelaide hills looks like a bikers dream. i used to have a honda 600 rr till some dizzy car driver decicded to pull out in front of me. insurance wrote bike off, and well i didnt work for 3 months. not been back ona bike since. but one day i will get backon one.

Guest motlyman
Your right we love the tt and were only half an hour from the ferry ,so weve been a few times .

I don't have a bike anymore but I do have two scooters, a 1959 lambretta and a 2000 vespa ,hopeing to bring them if everythnig go's ok ,as there part of the family and a I can't part with all my toys.

Am I right in thinking ,you will have something along the lines of sky plus to tape the racing ? ,I know its not the same but its better than nothing.

Fox IQ is what we have here.

Same as sky plus i guess. We try and watch if its early enough but often record it and watch the following day. Have to avoid the radio though with Stoner etc they give the results out.:arghh:

Colin

Guest kangomik

There's a guy in Modbury who brought an old scooter over, don't know his user name on here though. You see a few of the old things around - well there's loads of classic stuff over here because it does not rot. fetch big money too!

Like motly man says. Foxtel have the stuff to record and watch back.

Most of the races are repeated on a monday or tuesday night depending if stoner or webber are winning in which takes priority.

South Cumbria eh, know a man from Milnthorpe but has nothing to do with motor sport. Some stunning roads around that neck of the woods, the stuff in the hills is a little more twisty than devils bridge etc.