Queen Mary 2

Guest Guest5035

Guest Guest5035

If anyones into cruise ships then the Queen Mary 2, all 149,000 tonnes of her, will be visiting Adelaide at the outer harbour, next Sunday 20th between 06.00 and 13.15,

stevo

Yeh, there's another one in harbour at the same time - can't remember its name - something Greek I think - so they're making a special dispensation and opening the shops in Rundle Mall at 9 am on the Sunday so that all the cruise passengers can spend their tourist dollars! As if tourists come to South Australia to shop.....

Anyway, will probably be a bit busy round the port I should think with two in harbour at the same time.

Yeh, there's another one in harbour at the same time - can't remember its name - something Greek I think - so they're making a special dispensation and opening the shops in Rundle Mall at 9 am on the Sunday so that all the cruise passengers can spend their tourist dollars! As if tourists come to South Australia to shop.....

Anyway, will probably be a bit busy round the port I should think with two in harbour at the same time.

Last year when the QM2 came in the city made about $500K in revenue.

Very very pleased to hear Rundle Mall will be open on the Sunday early - now if we can only get them to open on public holidays!

If anyones into cruise ships then the Queen Mary 2, all 149,000 tonnes of her, will be visiting Adelaide at the outer harbour, next Sunday 20th between 06.00 and 13.15,

stevo

Thinks my Boss:policeman: is on that, He flew to South Africa to catch the cruise back (lucky git!:daydreaming:)

myself and many thousands were there, wishing we were on board, my son had a great 90 minutes on board, lots of posh rich people, very very elegant.

Stevo

Your lucky son - how did he get that privelege? The closest I could get (through work) last year was into the terminal!