AFL build up

Guest kangomik

Guest kangomik

Well the Nab cup is on channel 7, and it got me wondering.

Do any of the new arrivals understand this sport?:biglaugh:

I had forgotten how confusing it can be, but here's a tip for the new people, make sure you watch at least one game of a weekend, otherwise you will have nothing to talk about on a monday morning at work.:biglaugh:

I reckon these guys are the hardest and fittest ball atheletes in the world:notworthy:

Still one of the only games where you get a consolation point for missing the goal though!

Oh, and something else it took me a while to grasp - four quarters not two halves..... And the big butch players all having a lttle sing song together in the change rooms after a game if they win! Bless 'em!!!!

Guest kangomik

Last night could have been a little confusing because they only played 2 x 20 minutes instead of the usual 4 x 20 minute quarters.

I like the beginning of the season as all the players come out looking normal, give them a couple of weeks and they all turn up with bandages and strapping on them, one hell of a physical game.

Guest Guest5035
Still one of the only games where you get a consolation point for missing the goal though!

Oh, and something else it took me a while to grasp - four quarters not two halves..... And the big butch players all having a lttle sing song together in the change rooms after a game if they win! Bless 'em!!!!

Bet you wish you were in that changing room eh Diane !!

Yep AFL starts shortly, i'll predict that the Crows WILL be in the 8 but not the Power.

Stevo

Guest cornish Busdriver
Bet you wish you were in that changing room eh Diane !!

Yep AFL starts shortly, i'll predict that the Crows WILL be in the 8 but not the Power.

Stevo

Yeah too right after the ass kicking the crows gave the power in the NAB cup.

Gotta admit though the power did better against Melbourn than the crows did.

Just waiting to see now if the crows make it into the second round.

CROWS DEFO TOP 8

Don't forget, the NAB Cup is a little different to 'normal' games lol!

The NAB Cup is used to trial new, sometimes apparently mad, ideas - like the current 'last touch' one or the more fun supergoal. As a starting point I guess it's fun but there are a few different rules and it feels different somehow?

Lots of people kinda disregard the NAB Cup but we're just happy to see the Crows back in action and hear the siren:) And the third game of Round 1, week 1...Crows/Port was electric! Let's hope they keep it up - and that Crows manage to get that wildcard.

Fingers crossed!

:) LC