A Skype Question!

Guest moonraker1959

Guest moonraker1959

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can please clarify something for me.Ok yesterday(I'm in the UK)I was popping back and forwards to the laptop during the afternoon.Whilst surfing,I noticed my sister's skype "button?"came up saying they were online.I thought this was strange as I knew it would be about 2am in Adelaide,and they don't normally go to bed late when they have work.It happened again a couple of hours later,4am Adelaide time,then again 5am????Skype was telling me they were online!Anyway I asked my sister,and she was adament that neither of them were online at that time,as they (1)never stay up that late and (2)they both had to get up early for work the next day.She said it was a fault with our computer?But how can it be?We don't have any control when people pop up on skype(people we know anyway).Can someone please tell me how this can happen?I'm intrigued!

Guest moonraker1959

I guess that makes sense,but my sister told me they always shut their computer down before they go to bed,so I don't understand why their skype thing is coming up to say their online when they're obviously not.:goofy:

Guest kangomik

I think it keeps you logged on if the pc is left in sleep mode also, you have to manually turn skype off.

Next time it happens click on it, then it will tell you if they are on line and it will try to connect. Could wake them up if the PC is on, or give someone a shock if they are up!