Lunchtime expenditure

Guest RichandHelen

Guest Trakki

Can't you save yourself a lot of money by taking your own? When I worked in the community so was driving all day I had a small ice box that my lunch went in and drinks. I just had to be organised and make it the night before when I did the childrens lunches.

Guest kangomik

50 bux is easy to spend, a coffee is 4 bux, god only knows what I spend after I have woken up:biglaugh:

And thats not working around the city, or having those snack box's in the office (devils creation)

Its easily done.. I work in the city and have taken a liking to coffee everyday which is $4 so bringing in my own lunch is saving me some dosh. You can easily spend $8-9 dollars a day on a lovely rice and chicken dish. There is sooo much lovely food to eat round this place. :goofy:

Guest rachinadelaide

You could make up a batch of sarnies and freeze them then you just need to grab one each morning.... I have these great intentions...never done it myself but always meaning to. I usually end up on Semaphore road buying something delicious and vowing that tomorrow I will bring my sandwiches....

Thats $2500 a year !!!! A return ticket to the UK with spending money!!

stevo

Sorry Stevo, I would rather have lunch over here:biglaugh:

:) I like that!!!

Just asked DH what he'd spend if he bought lunch all week, and he too said $50! I know he's $ conscious when he buys lunch too, but he's in a place that has a canteen (good food, but obviously not cheap) and he'd have no other place to go if he bought it.

Easy way to save $. Pay yourself $9 a day for sandwiches...

So if you think $50 a week's too much, what would you be spending and where, I am just wondering, out of interest?

If I have lunch with the children out somewhere, just me and them (4 children, and I usually get them things to share because I am mean!) then I have to say that eats up best part of $30 if not more. That'd be like bakery, meat pies (they get half each), drink for me, water for the table and babycinos for 3 of them.

We're lucky enough to have a fridge freezer and toaster in the kitchen at work - so when I remember I buy an extra loaf of raisin bread (raisin toast?) and just have a couple of slices for morning coffee, lunch and afternoon tea! Ummm...perhaps not the healthiest of lunches!! For OH whatever I've cooked the night before, he gets the leftovers (he wrestles the dog and cats for them, but usually wins!)

Guest ReadyPenny
Thats $2500 a year !!!! A return ticket to the UK with spending money!!

stevo

Really?? I thought flights from here were more expensive although I've never actually looked!!!