DAB Radio

Guest Bada boom

Guest Bada boom

Anyone know if UK DAB radios work in Australia?

It's been a while since this has been discussed on PiA and I see that some DAB service was introduced a couple of years back. Has anyone tried a UK DAB recently?

Guest teamV

I can't see it working there ,but don't know for sure .I few years ago we did a £100 car rally ,we set off in france, then on to switzerland ,italy, spain and the back through france .not that any of this matters ,what does matter is we fit a dab radio in the car and no normal aerial ,but we never got a signal after we left the uk at all and ended up with no radio for 5 days:biglaugh:

21042007069.jpg

Guest Guest75

Nice set of wheels,nearly reminds me of the Sweeny - but hey! I'm living in Adelaide and see these car daily !!!

I can't see it working there ,but don't know for sure .I few years ago we did a £100 car rally ,we set off in france, then on to switzerland ,italy, spain and the back through france .not that any of this matters ,what does matter is we fit a dab radio in the car and no normal aerial ,but we never got a signal after we left the uk at all and ended up with no radio for 5 days:biglaugh:

21042007069.jpg

My one works perfectly, bought in UK.

Just make sure it is DAB+

(Please, if people don't know the answer don't just guess). The fact that your (cooler king) radio may not work DOES NOT mean that UK DAB radios don't work in Aus. A few extra words, like mine doesn't work makes all the difference as per Westie.

Anyone know if UK DAB radios work in Australia?

It's been a while since this has been discussed on PiA and I see that some DAB service was introduced a couple of years back. Has anyone tried a UK DAB recently?

Yes as previously stated it depends if it's DAB +, mine unfortunately isn't and is currently being sent back to the UK for use with another family member :(

Took me while to find that out the help centre here was rubbish, finally got in touch with the UK one and with in 5 mins had the correct answer!

You can get upgrades on some models if it's a software issue but the hardware has to be there in the first place for it to work!

HTH

My one works perfectly, bought in UK.

Just make sure it is DAB+

(Please, if people don't know the answer don't just guess). The fact that your (cooler king) radio may not work DOES NOT mean that UK DAB radios don't work in Aus. A few extra words, like mine doesn't work makes all the difference as per Westie.

Before I came, I read up on plenty of information which said DAB and DAB+ were not compatible here. Your condescending manner is completely uncalled for.

Try and be nice, good manners cost nothing.

Cooler

Before I came, I read up on plenty of information which said DAB and DAB+ were not compatible here. Your condescending manner is completely uncalled for.

Try and be nice, good manners cost nothing.

Cooler

Did you read/ask on an authorised site like

WorldDMB - Country Information for DAB, DAB+ and DMB - Australia or general blogs and or/wiki?

I wasn't being condescending.

I knew what radio functionality I wanted, I researched, emailed the company (confirming it would work here) and got it. And I have no problems, I am sorry if you weren't so lucky.

Guest Guest75

It's only a chuffing radio!!

No idea what DAB radio's are.

Managed to live my life without them so not essential to me.

Blimey! Most things have a radio receiver stuck in them nowadays!!

Chucked the one I had OUT of the bat and put 2 / 2 ways in. VHF and 27mhz - far more fun:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest Guest75
Tyke, what a Luddite :biglaugh:

DAB radios are simply superb, remember going from tape to CD, the difference? It's like that plus more.

Also, you do get more stations on Digital Radio.

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

I've been thinking of upgrading from Betamax.