Way to go Kiwis!

Diane

Great result for the Kiwis in the cricket world cup - if ever a country deserved a bit of good news...

I know it's only a game and all that, but know a few Kiwis living here who will be basking in quiet satisfaction at NZ going one step further than Ricky and crew this time.

(But also know a few South Africans who won't be so happy, but their turn will come...)

Nah Stevo to be honest I feel sorry for the young lads in the Aussie team - they are constantly battling against comparisons with the team that was bloody brilliant in the past, and like in all sports, need to take time to rebuild with youngsters. Still think it's time Ricky hung up his boots though - specially after the way he behaved towards Steve Smith on taking that catch. This is a guy in his mid thirties behaving like a spoilt brat to a guy who is 21 in front of the cameras of the world!

Get rid of Ricky, let Michael Clark have his day, get rid of the board of selectors and get some new ones in, and let's give 'em a chance!

I know a few young lads who play cricket locally who are stars of the future. Don't know if your son played when he was younger, but the Adelaide Oval runs some great holiday coaching clinics for younger players.

Might give you some stick if England beats the Aussies at the 7s next week though.... If....If.....if.....

I was thrilled for the Black Caps beating SA. Was watching the game and those few wickets falling for so few runs really turned the tide.

And I was so hoping the Aussie's made it through. They have a lot of talent in the team but are lacking a few key components right now that clicks it all together. Was sorry to see them head home.

Now watching England do their usual thing of keeping us on a knife edge.