• Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Like Tree23Likes

Thread: I've got itchy feet...again!

Could your husband not look for a better job in another city, and let his career decide where you move to next?
      Yeah I could, very nearly went to Brisbane back in October, had a few chats with recruitment agents, had potential interviews lined up.

But then I look at the kids and look how happy they are settled in SA and I remember the main reason we moved over here in the first place. We've moved a lot over the last 2-3 years and I don't want to move any more, we've got a good network and social life and have basically achieved all the goals we set out to achieve when we came over.

I've put a few other things in place to stimulate my career here in Adelaide, joined a professional community and networking more with my peers. It's not perfect and I'm missing the calibre of people I used to work with in the UK, but it something I can cope with for now.

Guest75 and Anne B like this.

Morphett Vale
      205 times
      I would be suprised if everyone doesn't have this feeling. The country is to big not to want to know what it's like to live somewhere else.

My partner is from Coffs Harbour, and we both talk sometimes about where else we'd like to live. During this cooler summer we're wondered what perth would be like with it's record heatwave, when the sports events are on in Melbourne i could quite easily live there, and Sydney is a great place to be where people are a little more cosmopolitan, and when the time comes i could quite easily retire to Far North Queensland.

Likewise though everywhere has it's down side, Perth is isolated, Melbourne is even cooler than Adelaide, Sydney and Brisbane have more rain than almost anywhere in the UK.

I'm never going to say never to living somewhere else, but I'm certainly in no rush.
      sueoc and Riponian like this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123