Deported

Guest Guest5035

Heard the story on the radio, not sure (a) why he has to pay for three officials to accompany him back (sounds like a cushy job for someone!) or (b) why Britain should have to have him!

Mind you, timely reminder for all those who haven't got their citizenship sorted out yet (who are eligible) - it's not like you're not allowed to have dual nationality with Britain after all!

Guest Nick11

Interesting article.

Why 3 officials..and to add insult to injury he has to pay their fares as well!!!

Having said that..I have no sympathy for him.

Let's hope it's a timely reminder to anyone out there on the wrong side of the law!

Guest Squareman

The guy sounds like a bit of a nut job and aussie society is probably better of without him, but it certainly seems they are making an example of him.

Guest Squareman

I just wish the govt was as harsh with other nations immigrants! How many of the african 'refugees' have been deported after having brought their tribal conflicts to adelaide? They have only been here a few years but they have already brought war to the streets!

Lets hope it's the start of a trend. Maybe we can send the boat people back in the leaky-ass tubs they arrived in :biglaugh:.

With this guy though I reckon there'll be a last minute cave-in and he'll be allowed to stay as he has his family here. Given the fact he shot a policeman I'm suprised he wasn't kicked out long ago.

I have no sympathies for him though. I think he should go live somewhere like Tower Hamlets or Peckham.

Guest moonraker1959

Well,I've always said if you emigrate somewhere,and you break the law,its adios!Emigrating is a privilege,and if you can't behave yourself,then you've only got yourself to blame!It amazes me the amount of people on forums such as these,asking if they should declare their crim record on their emigration papers!Honesty is the best policy I reckon.I do feel sorry for the guys kids though.

Guest Nick11

There was a case a few years ago about a Brit who arrived over here as a baby. He got citizenship but was later convicted of mass child abuse. The minister revoked his right to citizenship after he had finished his time in jail and sent him on a plane back to the u.k

So even if you have citizenship ...you can be sent back.

Clifford Tucker, 47, who shot a police officer during a scuffle over a gun in 1983 in South Australia and served 12 years in prison, came to Australia with his family when he was six years old

If he's a ratbag, he's one of our ratbags," Mr Kenny said. "He's done the crimes and he's paid for the crimes. This is quite an inhumane punishment, far beyond the treatment he deserves."

I think these 2 quotes are pertinent to the point. He did the crime everyone's so excited about in 1983, and did 12 yrs in prison. He wasn't deported then. He's only being deported now (according to the newspaper article, which of course is just one side to the story with probably far less detail) because they can. To all intents and purposes he's an Australian, and been raised in this country and subject to this country's education and justice system. Product of it, maybe??? No-one would be excited about him if he wasn't being sent back to the UK, he'd just be lining up with all the other "ratbags" like the guy who killed his friend on Magill road 2 yrs ago and was sentenced this week after blaming the dead man for the crash. Admirable. Glad he's not being "transported".

I just wish the govt was as harsh with other nations immigrants! How many of the african 'refugees' have been deported after having brought their tribal conflicts to adelaide? They have only been here a few years but they have already brought war to the streets!

Did you leave S Africa due to others 'tribal' conflicts.

The use of word is out of order.

I do think the guy was wrongly deported, but please, do me a favour and don't talk about Adelaide having tribal issues. The worst case of such behaviour is 'some' bikie gangs.

Maybe Aus should ban all immigration, how would you feel then back in your own country?????

And how do you know what they have been up to in a few years, how long have you lived here?

Guest Guest75

This is something I have heard about also.

I applaud the government for taking a stance on this. Apparently they will not accept visa applications from some of the far North African countries now because of this.

Guest Guest5035
The worst case of such behaviour is 'some' bikie gangs.

QUOTE]

Matt, there has been 2 incidents with Tribals recently, one in the city two young lads and another in the city after a beauty pageant or some other tribe coming over from Melbourne http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/beauty-pageant-ignites-tribal-street-warfare/story-e6frg6nf-1225934054771

My opinion, if you break the law ,BIG TIME, off you go back where you came from. Like those detainees a couple of weeks ago, how are they still here after all that damage, FFS!!!

stevo

Well for my 2 cents worth, if you commit a serious enough crime that involves jail time, and hence a huge cost for keeping you in jail at the taxpayers expense, then i would much rather have the govt fork out for an air fare and say goodbye. This is for ALL nationalities before anyone thinks i'm trying to single out anyone else in particular.

You come to a foreign country to live, you abide by their laws. If not, leave.

Guest Squareman

AdelaideNow, I find your post quite offensive and ill-informed.

Kindly explain why the use of the word 'tribal' is out of order? I have lived in Africa for 35 years amongst people who are quite happy belonging to a 'tribe.' You seem to think it is a politically incorrect statement to make? Goodness knows where you get this from. Any Rwandan, for example. will tell you there are three ethnic tribes there, i.e. Tutsi, Hutu and Twa.

I have lived in Adelaide for only a few months, but it has taken me several years to make it over. In this time, I have read the online version of the 'Tiser every day, which is why I know about several incidents in Adelaide involving tribal conflicts.

You have jumped to several ill-informed conclusions about me, and if anyone is out of order, its you.

I wasn't wrong :biglaugh:, you posted one link...originally!

I remember that one, one incident in 2.5 years.

How many Aussies die/cause injury due to hoon driving? I would far rather see all hoons instantly lose their license for life and have their cars crushed. No second chance, that would make Adelaide a better place.

Hoons and idiots on the road are more of a danger than immigrants.

(I may give some a second chance!!)

Guest Guest5035
I wasn't wrong :biglaugh:, you posted one link...originally!

I remember that one, one incident in 2.5 years.

How many Aussies die/cause injury due to hoon driving? I would far rather see all hoons instantly lose their license for life and have their cars crushed. No second chance, that would make Adelaide a better place.

Hoons and idiots on the road are more of a danger than immigrants.

(I may give some a second chance!!)

So stabbing and hospitalisation in not serious enough?

They'd just drive without a licence and nick another car, no deterrent, but deportation no more problem.

stevo

You read the 'tiser and think you are informed? That is where you have gone wrong for a start!!!

I tell you what, you start calling groups tribes here and you will wish you were back in S Africa.

Why did you leave S Africa? I have never been but I hear it's a wonderful place? What does Adelaide have to better your life?

Also you need to learn- I am not ill informed, I am the master of all knowledge. :cute: