Working the Public Hoildays is great!

Guest Damien

Guest Damien

What a day today, took the $250k work boat 17NM offshore, over the Continental Shelf into about 1000m of water. About 7NM out we came across a massive pod of at least 50 dolphins! They were jumping out of the water, surfing the wash from the boat etc. Unbelievable sight. We checked the tuna fishermen, believe me the tuna are running down south ;). Met the dolphins again on the way back in, then freed a 6' shark from an illegal drop line and eventually nabbed the blokes who set it. :policeman:

All in all a day to remember. The sun shone all day, the Southern Ocean was like glass and I'm doing it again tomorrow. :D Just seeing the crowds of people around the fish cleaning table watching the tuna being filleted, kids running around, the local dolphin doing a great performance, the largest stingray I've ever seen....wow!

And I get an extra day off for every one I work this Easter. It's right grim down south.....

Guest Team 'W'

Some people have all the luck ...its ok im just jelous , ill get over it ..lol

wish i could go out on a boat just to get up close and personal with the dolphins ....i suppose i will one day ..

good luck tomorrow then ...

Elaine

Guest Damien

Come down to Port MacDonnell boat ramp, we've got a resident dolphin that follows the boats up the ramp, you don't need a boat to see it all day long (unless you're my mrs, everytime she comes down it gets shy and doesn't come out to play)

Guest cornish Busdriver

Well i went into work 3 hours early at 5am cause i write my shift down wrong.

Drove a $500K artic bus for 7 hours with pain in the butt passengers complaing cause of the detours in the city this morning which ment they had to walk about 100 yards lol lol.

Think your day was a lot better and more enjoyable than mine lol lol