• Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Like Tree11Likes

Thread: alot of Murders??

Glenelg North - finally!
      243 times
      No worries moonraker. Hehe

1017 times
      Quote Originally Posted by HEAPS GOOD !!! View Post
      everything seems to get reported here in Adelaide...
      Quite a few people on here say that, but I disagree. Plenty of times I've heard reports of serious crimes early on the radio when driving to work and thought that it would be all over the media that day, only to never hear of them again ... not even on the following hour's news!

The Advertiseer occasionally gets in a state about crime, but not usually. Murders, bashings and the (imho) incredibly high number of shop/pub hold ups might get a paragraph or two buried somewhere, but predominently it's Adelaide Oval, Foley/Rann and desalination that get the headlines. The UK media is far more fixated on crime.

As for most murders being done by people the victim knows, that's the same the world over, but I find that of little comfort. If there are people around who are so willing to kill then it's a concern.

All the stats I've been able to find over the years repeatedly show that Adelaide has no less crime than any first world city of comparable size - including UK counterparts. It's not worse, so let's keep it in perspective, but it also doesn't appear to be any better.

Perhaps the better weather and the easy-going and relatively slow pace make it feel safer?

Guest5035 and Matey2 like this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345