The Wedding from a Aussie

Guest Guest5035

Guest lastboyscout

Can`t be an Adelaide wedding...... theres no tattoo`s on show :biglaugh:

But I have to say the article is spot on, I`ve never been much of a Royalist ;)

What a load of old tosh! It was a lovely day and the Bride looked exquisite! It may have cost a fortune but it will also raise a fortune in tourism and also raise the spirits of a country that is very much down in the dumps at the moment. Whether you are a Royalist or not you can't help but feel a little bit good about that!

Guest SA Great
What a load of old tosh! It was a lovely day and the Bride looked exquisite! It may have cost a fortune but it will also raise a fortune in tourism and also raise the spirits of a country that is very much down in the dumps at the moment. Whether you are a Royalist or not you can't help but feel a little bit good about that!

Nope I dont

Couldn't agree more. Peter Goers is the epitome of everything that's wrong with journalism in Adelaide, and a sad bitter (smelly!) old man (if you ever meet him you will know just what I mean by the bit in brackets!).

I thought the Abbey looked fantastic with all the greenery, the bride got it just right with her dress (far better than the creased meringue her deceased mother in law wore to her wedding!), and the bride's sister had every male I know drooling!

The smaller bridesmaids looked a bit miserable though!

Great advert for both England and London on the world stage.

I take offence at those who say that Peter Goers has a typical Australian attitude! I believe you will find that Peter Goers is often negative about lots of things and lots of people, and I'm not that sure whether he always believes everything he writes anyway. He writes in order to get a reaction, and I find that I don't very often agree with him.

I'm an Aussie and I thoroughly enjoyed the wedding, as I am sure did lots of other Aussies as well. Why else would it be on every TV station if there was no interest?

I love the Pomp and Pageantry of anything Royal. If the UK didn't have the Royal Family, then an awful lot of tourism potential would be gone. Every Australian who visits London wants to see Buckingham Palace and other royal places, and it would have been awesome to have been in London for the wedding!

Catherine, in my opinion, looked gorgeous, although I do agree that her boobs looked a bit pointy! Beatrice's hat looked ridiculous, and I agree with Goers about Posh Beckham - Why did she play up to the camera as though she was on the catwalk, and a smile would have been more appropriate than her pout!

Overall, however, I enjoyed watching the wedding and I really hope that William and Catherine will be very happy in their future together. I believe that lots of Australians would feel the same. We're not all anti-UK and I feel for you if that is how you perceive Australians. Maybe you are listening to the wrong people. I certainly would not be taking Peter Goers as representative of the Australian viewpoint!

Gee people are strange. Always looking to tear people down. I can understand some people don't like the amount of public money spent on the event but by the looks of it I think most people got something out of it. and.....I liked the trees - I thought it gave it a special touch. I enjoyed seeing all those "royal kids" now all grown up now and their fashion sense. I hope that they manage to get some privacy in the their lives from now on, unlike Diana...hopefully their lives aren't tagged by the media at every turn.

Guest aogley@gmail.com

what you all have to remember guys,this beautiful Australia let all of us brits come and live in their glorious

country,so they are entitled to an opinion,just another massive PR exercise for the royals at the cost to the tax payer!!!

I stopped being a royalist the day Charley married the scheming divorcee Piggy-Bolwes woman and Iagree with heaps.

This guy obviously didnt get an invite, and the reason for the trees was explained.

Oh, and the wedding was not a state occasion so its cost were not purely down to the tax payer.

The middletons are estimated to be worth in excess of 30million quid.......not bad for knocking out a few party bags :-)

I agree, True Blue Aussie, Peter Goers is definitely not representing the typical Australian attitude to the wedding - although i do think his style of journalism is typical of the 'tiser! Judging by the amount of media sent half way round the world from here to cover the place, he is not only totally out of touch with the views of the majority of australians, but also pretty bitter that no-one offered to send him to cover it! Must have been the only journalist left in Australia!!

On a slightly different note (but still on my topic of the bad journalism in our local papers) there is a picture in the Sunday Mail today of Wayne Swan, (Australian Treasurer for anyone unaware) strolling along in a sweatshirt proudly emblazoned with the Commonwealth Bank logo! And the paper didn't even mention the inappropriateness of this!!:shocked:

the wedding was a HUGE waste of taxpayer money...plain and simple. not sure why so many people move over here than have a go at the Aussies:/

The only cost to the taxpayers was the cost of policing the event - everything else was paid for by the parents of the bride and groom. I think the income from tourism/broadcasting rights etc will far outweigh any cost. I think the police actually did a great job too, managing that huge crowd